The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Help me with this song! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
linkinparkfan
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of linkinparkfan
Hey everyone I need help with this song. I really like it but I do not know what type of act I should use it for. The song is called "Somewhere I Belong" by Linkin Park. I have a link that plays the song so check it out and write back cause I need your help.
Click Here!
"Magic is like the water after a race, it is both necessary and refreshing" - Anthony (me)lpxtremefan@linkinpark.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
I just watched the making of this video on MTV. That was a pretty cool video. I like a lot of the shots in it. I'll see what I can come up with. We use music very similar to this throughout our show.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I think of "Impaled" when I hear this song.
linkinparkfan
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of linkinparkfan
I like that idea of Impaled, it would go great with the music. Thanks Eldon. I am still looking for suggestions (just to get a well rounded opinion) if anyone has any more thoughts on this piece. Smile
"Magic is like the water after a race, it is both necessary and refreshing" - Anthony (me)lpxtremefan@linkinpark.com
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
214 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
link,

I worked with a writer once who would speckle her scripts with "INSERT JOKE HERE." She didn't get that humor had to grow out of the script organically, or it was forced. So I'd have to encourage you to ruminate on what the song (which I love) means to you.

For me, it's all about being an outsider, so I might have several prim & proper librarian-type ladies (this is my fantasy after all) appear (magically) and disapprove of you. Then through a flash quick-change, they end up dressed to match you (and are all over you).

I don't do stage illusion, but stumbled on this topic and had to add my 2 cents after I saw it was about LP.

S.
linkinparkfan
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
14 Posts

Profile of linkinparkfan
Thanks Sean, I like that view. To me the song means a million things at once, mainly the emotion is what sticks out to me.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Sean, that's a great Idea. You took this heavy tune and created a great story to go with it. Good thinking.

Kevin
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Sean..librarian fantasies? Man ... that is potent stuff.

The disapproval image is especially telling.