The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Jumbo Card Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andy Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Southern California
22 Posts

Profile of Andy Kennedy
I cant seem to find much content/material on this subject or jumbo card productions and manipulations. Can anyone help me???
Please drop me a line if you can...
scvpunkboy@aol.com
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Peter Marvey, for instance, does jumbo card productions. Get a tape of his manipulation act, the technique is pretty obvious so there shouldn't be a problem to learn it from the video. However, since what he does is not really convincing, I wouldn't bother to learn it (and there are several things to consider so that this production works).

The #1 manipulator in history (personal remark) Richard Ross also did some jumbo card manipulation and it's one of the best I've ever seen. However, if you're looking for single and split fan productions, his sequence won't be of any help.

A spanish guy called Luis Manuel produced jumbo cards both singly and in fans at FISM 2000 in Lisboa. That should tell you: it's possible.

Apart from these I don't know of any other sources for jumbo card manipulation, sorry.

In better magic,

Chris
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Andy Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Southern California
22 Posts

Profile of Andy Kennedy
Wow! Well thanks for all the info, it is very helpful. Im trying to gather as much info on the subject as i can. I am highly interested in this subject and want and will get into it.

I know The Amazing Johnathan does a small bit with jumbo cards...but i would like to have a card manipulation act that is about 40 percent jumbo cards..
Itll be a long time in the making but any input and help is appcricated.again, thank you.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Andy,
Good luck! Jumbos are hard, but I've seen Richard Ross' act and it's a good way to go. You'll probably do best just playing with a bunch of jumbo cards, as I don't think there's anything in print. Like Chris said, Peter's doesn't look convincing and it's obviously done for magicians. Anyway, have at it and bully if you get it working.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Andy Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Southern California
22 Posts

Profile of Andy Kennedy
yep, i thinks its going to take a lot of hours of me playing with the cards.
Well its nice to know not many do it with jumbos, and ill have something semi-original out there if i get something going..
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Check out The Encyclopedia of Magic, there is some stuff on them in there.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
The is a newly released video "The magic of Hungary" (I got mine from magicsmith) It has some stuff with Jumbos. Also Jeff McBride has a fan that changes size. It's available from a number of dealers. I have been working on backpalm with 3"x5" cards. It's a lot harder. BTW I found the cards at the dollar store.

Joe DiDonna
iwillfoolu@cs.com

UPDATE: Dec 11, 2002

Here's an idea that might work for jumbos. Cut a hole, big enough for your thumb thru the center of the deck. Two word tenkai palm. This could only be used for fan productions. WATCH your angles. Jumbos are only for the stage.
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
james_magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
124 Posts

Profile of james_magic
I was working on jumbo card productions for a while, the best thing to do (in my view) is to get a jumbo deck and just start playing around it, you'll be surprised how much regular moves work if youjust change them a bit. It's also not hard thinking up your own moves. Good Luck,
James
scheda
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
287 Posts

Profile of scheda
I wouls think some simple black art would work well for a jumbo card production.

Smile
Coming soon... Who knows!