The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: A Continuation of Miracles by Eric C. Lewis - why the rarity? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Greetings Fellow Magi,

My good lady, as a combined Christmas and Birthday present, bought the Lewis "trilogy" for me. Superb books with excellent material but why O' why does the Lewis "trilogy" basically consist of two books? The middle book of the set, A Continuation of Miracles, seems completely unobtainable as it is out of print. Surely if this volume is out of print, the other two would be prime candidates also, presumably. Why is not Continuation simply reprinted as has its companion volumes?

I recently, just before Christmas, saw a copy of Continuation of Miracles come up for auction on E Bay. It eventually realised $108!

One section, in particular, in The Crowning Miracles has a particular meaning for me. Edward Pearce (M.I.M.C Gold Star) was my childhood mentor in magic. I would telephone him often and go over to Kempston from Flitwick to see him. A kind and charming man who was a master of our craft. He was never too busy to help and advise an eager 10 year old, I shall always remember his kindness and generosity. Indeed, I still have some props and a table which he generously gave to me. I always give him a thought whenever I use them.

Many thanks, in advance, to you all.

Lester
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It's hard to say why any book does or does not sell. Maybe Mike Caveney decided there was not a big enough market for it.

Drop him an e-mail.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree they are great books. There is a lot of good practical magic with sound thinking within all three volumes.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 07:18, Lester wrote:

I recently, just before Christmas, saw a copy of Continuation of Miracles come up for auction on E Bay. It eventually realised $108!

Lester

I don't think that was a terrible price - Seems just about right, maybe even a little low.

Dave