The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Interlace (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
? Any info, a simple yes or no via PM if need be.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Interlace works for me 99% and is well worth the 1% goof up.
I can not do 100% on most things I do anywho, but have learned to gracefully recover in most situations.

Interlace and Extreme Burn are on my top 10 out of hundreds of effects I have used.

Thank you, Mr. Sanders, for putting out quality magic and never selling us crap.

Eric
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hackmonkey, no Interlace is not just On Foot with an added you know what. It is a bit more than just that.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
The Interlaced product sold by Richard is extremely well thought out and is a real worker. His DVD is extremely well produced and offers 10 really practical routine ideas. I'm going to shut up now. It's too good to share. However, I will bet that many don't go to the trouble to actually install the wardrobe modification required. That keeps out casual hobbyists.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I have Interlace, and yes, it takes effort to set up and use well. I also brought 'Exit' by Peter Eggink (key flight to neck loop). I am in no way rubbishing 'Exit' (although, I found it was not for me and do not use it), but Interlace by contrast has such a huge amount of detail and thought in the DVD, it really shows that Richard worked very hard to make this as accessible and user-friendly as possible
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Hi to you all. Please could someone answer these two questions for me -

1) I wear Converse All Star that is a kind of basketball boot I guess that comes up to your ankle. Does Interlace work with these or do I need a shoe or trainer only?

2) Once the set up is complete, can you wash the trousers without damaging the gimmick?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I think it's possible it would work with a boot shoe, but it will take some special adjustment and experimentation to know for sure. You may want to PM Richard Sanders and ask him if he knows anyone who ever tried it.

Yes, you can have your trousers cleaned without damaging the gimmick.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Thanks for that. I have emailed Richard at his website so hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

No reply yet so I'm guessing Richard Sanders is otherwise disposed right now. Anyone else able to PM me re my Converse boot question?
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 07:09, UncleBunkle wrote:
No reply yet so I'm guessing Richard Sanders is otherwise disposed right now. Anyone else able to PM me re my Converse boot question?

I don't want to say yes for fear of being wrong. But if you were to do it you would need to make modifications and a special little something.
magicands
View Profile
New user
Coventry - England
32 Posts

Profile of magicands
Quote:
On May 15, 2008, kalsolar wrote:
The big problem with this trick is that if it goes wrong - it goes wrong, outs are hard to come by with this trick. Although it works for me most of the time - most of the time aint really good enough. I've come to the conclusion that I've either got to get it working 100% of the time (rather than the current 95%) or abandon it, which is a shame.

I agree entirely, I was just about to buy this but decided to look here and see what others were saying first as I don't believe all the hype on video's any longer as they are seldom performed in the real world. I purchased Cosmos 3, a great color separation with a deck of cards but sadly it just does NOT work 100% of the time despite my best efforts over many many months.
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
I know this is an old thread but wanted to ask...I bought interlace a long time ago but never used it. I was going to set it up just trying to find a good pair of pants since my style jeans that I usually wear are too skinny for it to work. Do you think the pants need to be very baggy in order for the gimmick to get to the destination? Does anyone have problems where the gimmick doesn’t make it all the way down?
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
102 Posts

Profile of How
This is a great effect to add with Anyring!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Mikenewyork, a pair of regurlar cut Jeans or full cut suit pants will work fine. I suspect you have a pair of dress or suit pants hanging around, try safety pinning the passageway into the pants and try dropping some rings down it. My interlace was sewn into a pair of regular cut Jeans and into a pair of Chinos. Neither all that baggy.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Old thread bump.

I recently purchased the Vanishing Ring https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S20966, for the sole purpose of using it along with Interlace. My reason being, I don’t love the false transfer as a vanish (I have a very skeptical brother who burns my hands at all costs, and I use him as my bar).

So my question is, any suggestions on how to load the gimmick with the ring in finger palm? The idea on the first page about keep it inside/outside of you back pocket sounds interesting, but have yet to give it a try.

If anyone has any other cool / out of the box ideas, please send them my way. Thank you!
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
Sold Vanishing ring, lol.

Came upon a less cluttery, cleaner vanish.