The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Chain Reaction DVD and effect from Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Greetings,

I got this along with Andrew Mayne's Social Distortion, for anyone looking for a review of this particular routine can go into the Tricks and Effects section as there are now a few reviews there.

Anyways, this is a review for Chain Reaction which Andrew Mayne just came out with not very long ago. The effect is eye catching in your face type magic, which I really like. It's visual and unique.

The effect is simple: Tear the center out of some cards then BOOM, the cards fly out linking together in a huge chain. Andrew teaches how to make everything and it doesn't take more then 30 minutes or so. You can customize the chain any length you want, I opted for about 25 cards heheh.

Andrew does go over three simple ways to use this visual effect and with just a little thinking I'm sure there are tons more ways. I personally like doing a card revelation where the selected card appears on the end of the chain of linked cards, I think that idea rocks.

This effect has lots going for it: easy to perform, visually stunning, and pure fun.
I recommend this highly!
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Majestic, The demo looks interesting.

I am assuming the chain cannot be examined for gaffs or given away as a souvenir ?
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1265 Posts

Profile of Salby
Any other feedbacks???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Quote:
On 2008-01-08 18:38, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Majestic, The demo looks interesting.

I am assuming the chain cannot be examined for gaffs or given away as a souvenir ?

It says on Andrews site that it can be inspected but this thread has certainly been quiet. Are there anymore reviews to be had?

best,
Bobby
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I did one but don't recall if I put it here or if it was for another publication.

In a nutshell I found it interesting and perhaps usable for stage if it fits your style. I wasn't sold on the real value but Andrew is very creative and always puts together a nice set of instructions.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Chain Reaction by Andrew Mayne
Medium: DVD
Arena: Stand up
Available: Any shop, Distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

Chain Reaction is a very well produced DVD that is the ol’ linking cards on steroids. The effect is basically a number of cards have their centers torn out and then the production of a chain of cards. Andrew has a very good method of folding and storing the cards in preparation for the production and his instructions on making the chain is clear and not difficult. You will not want your cards inspected; this is why it is more for stand up performances. The main thrust of the effect is the surprise production of the chain, which does look good. Andrew gives three different performance ideas, all of them sound. If you do stand up work and think a chain of linked cards would work well in your act this DVD should be considered. I’m working on an application for kids show performances; I think it will go over well. Nicely done all the way around.