The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: General Grant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joel Howlett
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Joel Howlett
Hi, I have recently purchased the General Grant DVD called "How to make a living stealing, doves of course" I can highly recommend it.
Just wondered if anyone can tell me where I might be able to purchase General Grant merchandise/products??? He has a range of his own dove bags, holders etc and I would be grateful for any information on how to go about finding / purchasing these??
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Joel, you can only purchase Gen's products from him. He doesn't have a web site and the best way to contact him is through email. It's ggmagic@aol.com

If you'd like, I can email you a copy of his price list or you can ask him for one.
Where the magic begins
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Where can you buy this DVD?
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Practical magic in the uk normallystock it ,
Dave Major
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Thanks - about to order!
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
No problem
dave
Joel Howlett
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Joel Howlett
Thanks so much Dave! Yes it would be great if you could email me his price list.
I think I will email him and order some stuff.

I appreciate your help,

Joel
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
You will like his products, have received several over the last few months with great personal service.

Also, you will notice that he never uses an IH. He sells one, but did not use one in his act.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Joel, I just sent you the price list.
Where the magic begins
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
I also have his videos, I can say that he has one of the best videos in dove works and routines. I like his silk effects and passion to his work. very entertaining.

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
I got the DVD today and it is really great. However, I am having trouble playing the second part of the DVD - it gets really jerky and then freezes.

Has anyone else had this, or do I have a dud copy.

~Eddy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Eddy, I had the same problem with the DVD when I bought it a few years ago. There was a problem with the disk. You need to contact who you purchased it from for a replacement.
Where the magic begins
Joel Howlett
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Joel Howlett
Hi Eddy and Dave

I have not had a problem with my copy.
It seems to work fine!

Joel

http://www.jd4magic.com
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
549 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Eddy:
Since I produced the General Grant video set and since have had it transfered to DVD, I will most certainly back the disc for you.
Just sent the disc you are having problems with back to me at:
Martini's Magic
P.O. Box 189
Delta, PA. 17314

I will then send you out a replacement for it. If you could also let me know where you bought it, that would also help me track down which of the three replicators I used had a problem. All of them guarantee the discs they do for me, and in the past 4 years I have only had 2 bad discs.(Both from the first replicators) that is why I use two others now.
I always stand behind anything I produce, no matter if you bought it from me direct or one of the people I supply, I will certainly make this right for you.

All the Best
Marty
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Thanks Marty, that's really kind of you.

I got it from practical magic (www.practical-magic.co.uk) a couple of days ago.

All the best,

~Eddy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Eddy, I should have told you to contact Marty. I had one of the two discs he mentioned and he exchanged it right away.
Where the magic begins
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
549 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Thank You for that information Eddy, Practical Magic bought theirs from me a while back when I was still using the first replication company. That makes 3 now that have had problems. Not bad when you figure we had that company do 300 discs.
But in saying that is not bad, it is not what I want. To me it is 3 too many.
The two newer companies we have been getting our work done by, have been great & no problems, knock on wood.
Eddy, I need your Name and address info to send you the replacement. You can shoot it to me via a PM here on the Café or to my e-mail at: martinismagic@hotmail.com
That way I can airmail you a new DVD right away.
As I said above, I stand behind everything I produce or manufacture.
All the Best
Marty
EdwardHilsum
View Profile
Regular user
England
145 Posts

Profile of EdwardHilsum
Thanks - just PMd you.