The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: My meeting with a drunk driver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
On the day after Christmas, my wife and I were returning home from work. A drunk driver ran a stop sign and broadsided us. I got banged up and bruised a bit (still have no stamina to speak of). My wife took the brunt of it. Her left leg was broken in 3 places. Her left hand was also broken and she was ***ed near scalped.
We are looking at some loss of income issues, though we aren't sure how bad yet and for how long.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I'm so sorry this happened to you.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Glad to hear everyone is ok. That's what's most important.

Drunk drivers suck!

Best,

Tim
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
JRob,

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank God you are both still alive. I wish you both a speedy recovery.

As for the drunken idiot that caused the accident, and almost cost you your very lives. Let me say that I'm not a vindictive man. But what this person did is inexcusable. Not to mention illegal ! It is my sincere wish that you and your wife pursue any and all legal recourse against this S.O.B. and the jokers that insured this clown to begin with. I also hope that the judge in this case doesn't merely slap this fool on the wrist with a fine and a suspension of driving privliges.(You'd be surprised how many people are driving with revoked licenses !)

That aside, you and your wife get your health taken care of first. Then go after this moron for all he or she is worth !

Godspeed ,
Brian
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3727 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
JRob,

I'm so glad you're alright. This happens way too much these days! Get well my friend, and the same to your wife. I don't know what I'd do in a situation like this, but I doubt I'd be civil. Happy New Year!

Steve Thomas
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Im sorry to hear about this , this is why I think places that serve achol should only limt thier costumers to 2 drinks , or (plan b) they have unlimted but have to take a cab home no exceptions.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Hope the drunk sees the inside of a cell for a good long time.
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you all recover quickly. God Bless you and your wife.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
The most important thing is that you two are alive! Thank God! The rest will work itself out. In a time like this it's easy to ask and wonder why, but try to also see Gods mercy and be thankful.

Heal well, God bless you and your family.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Okay, finally an update
The miscreant in question has finally been indicted on felony DUI charges among other things. Now they just have to find him. When they do our attorney has some paperwork to deal with as well.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page