The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: A turn of the page :: La Magie Blanche Dévoilée (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Reading through some issues of Sphinx and Mahatma from the turn of the last century, I see that there was an English translation of his Henri Decremps work. Does anyone know where to find this? If not, what about a French version?

ebook or the real thing is fine.

Thanks for any help.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Chad,
Since you're a new member of Conjuring Arts, you can find it there. Go under the Books section, and you'll see Decremps listed.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Thanks Jim,

I'm only at the Charlier level so it's not included. I talked with the Conjuring Arts team and they were very helpful. Regarding my other post, they also have all of the Die Zauberwelt issues. Unfortunately they're still in German, so I'll have to learn some German.

Anyone who has a love of magic history should join http://conjuringarts.org . It's worth it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Chad:

If you find yourself confused with the German in die Zauberwelt, let me know. German borrows a lot of magic terms from English and French. However, there are also a lot of words that look like one thing and mean another. These are called "false cognates." They can really mess you up.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Thanks Bill.