The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Conjurer column "Magic Beans" now available online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Hi Gang,

If you are a newer FCM member or are merely interested in seeing a sample of content from the Christian Conjurer magazine, click on the hidden link below where all of my past articles are now posted:

kistlerministry.org/magic

Eventually, the FCM plans to post ALL Conjurer articles in a protected area of fcm.org (for members only). Until then, enjoy the sneak peek.

Cheerio,
Kerry
David McCall
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of David McCall
Quote:
On 2007-11-17 15:25, Kerry Kistler wrote:
Hi Gang,

If you are a newer FCM member or are merely interested in seeing a sample of content from the Christian Conjurer magazine, click on the hidden link below where all of my past articles are now posted:

kistlerministry.org/magic

Eventually, the FCM plans to post ALL Conjurer articles in a protected area of fcm.org (for members only). Until then, enjoy the sneak peek.

Cheerio,
Kerry

Sweeeeeeeeet. I especially liked the article about the whole "to Chop or not to Chop" issue pertaining to guillotine effects that you wrote in the Conjuror a year ago. (Has it really been THAT long? Wow! I think I must annoy my folks with reading your articles to them.

I'm curious about whether or not other article writers are looking into the idea of creating an online sample for each month...

Thanks to all the work you guys do for the mag.
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the kind words. I am not aware of other Conjurer contributors who might be posting their past articles but if I discover any I'll post the links here.

Have a magical New Year!
MindMyst
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
32 Posts

Profile of MindMyst
Kerry,

Thanks for posting "Magic Beans."

I'll be reading it right away. You're the best.

God bless.

Joe
The Truth Will Set Your Fee
http://mindmyst.blogspot.com/
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Kerry

Many thanks.

I want to say that I read your articles and used two of them as part of my gospel magic presentation a couple of weeks ago.

First I had a short fun time using magic to entertain and interact with the crowd.

Then I moved to my gospel message by starting off with the evil-good ambigram illustration , some Bible verses (all on ppt)- to explain our perceptions that we are good yet we know that insde we have evil

Then I moved into the vanishing area paradox effect.

For this, I measured and cut stiff cardboard to make the pieces of the puzzle. I colored the sin piece black and stuck magnets on the back of each piece. I then moved the pieces as I spoke *using a portable magnetic white board) to illustrate the message.

I then followed up on the portable demo with ppt pictures of the puzzle looking the same (on a grid of squares in the background )with and without the black square via ppt and some Bible verses. This part was to explain how Jesus takes away sin and the change starts from within though outwardly we may look the same.

Then I ended with a healed and sealed routine about how the Bible teaching us that God loves us so much he restores us (and not throw away or even recycle as I had quite a few Buddhists / Hindu friends)

Response was very good as many came up to say they enjoyed the perfromance and that they could understand and appreciated the message.

So, Kerry, I thought this would be of encouragement to you and of course to say thanks for sharing!

and demonstrated the illusion (a gospel patter) by shifting
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Kerry Kistler
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, MO
234 Posts

Profile of Kerry Kistler
Joe and Paul,

Thanks for the encouraging words. Responses like yours keep me contributing to the Conjurer - and the Café.

One of the most important principles I have learned is how to multiply my ministry efforts by sharing freely with others. It is a joy to watch what becomes of my little loaves and fish...or, more accurately, my little Magic Beans.

Cheers,
Kerry
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Kerry -

Great resource and I hope many will take advantage of it.

I really laughed as I imagined your performing the Dyna-Kote Instructions while listening to the mp3. It is wonderful that you shared that.

Keep up the creativity.

><> J
Kif
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com