The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: Proizvolov's Identity (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Here is a small challenge.
can this principle be applied and make a magic trick? notice I didn't say an ***entertaining*** magic trick:
http://www.cut-the-knot.org/Curriculum/G......me.shtml
Doctor Whoston
View Profile
Regular user
Leeds, England
149 Posts

Profile of Doctor Whoston
Obviously you can use it to force a number, but even then I think most people would be suspicious of the long process required.
It's an interesting theorem - I've never seen it before.
DW
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
I know this is an old thread but maybe this will help to give it a try and think about it:

https://youtu.be/xAFr7HI2TxA
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Thanks fowill for that.

We might create the grounds for a magical effect through using objects that have spellings of differing length. Rather than use words directly it would be more subtle to move upon the back of the associated images. For example we might have the images printed on cards.

So for a basic prediction of 25....

Pi,
Axe,
Tree,
Arrow,
Guitar,
Bicycle,
Elephant,
Waterfall,
Strawberry,
Mickey Mouse,
fowill
View Profile
New user
Chile
30 Posts

Profile of fowill
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, Andy Moss wrote:
Thanks fowill for that.

We might create the grounds for a magical effect through using objects that have spellings of differing length. Rather than use words directly it would be more subtle to move upon the back of the associated images. For example we might have the images printed on cards.

So for a basic prediction of 25....

Pi,
Axe,
Tree,
Arrow,
Guitar,
Bicycle,
Elephant,
Waterfall,
Strawberry,
Mickey Mouse,

Nice idea and as this is a less known principle I think it would be very interesting to give it a try. I'll play around with this and see how it works.

Best!
fowill