The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Expert (Erdnase) at the Card Table DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
thefliss
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of thefliss
There's another thread going on about the Wesley James 7 DVD set, but a lot quibbling in it about business ethics that is really beyond me (I don't know the parties involved or the underlying issues); I'm not saying that's not important, but I'm just trying to learn some technique.

So, someone mentioned a similarly themed DVD set by Alan Ackerman that's not yet available. Is there any news about when it might be available, because I'm going to have to make a decision about which one to get, and if the other is not forthcoming, it sort of simplifies everything for me. (Based on the other thread, it seems that the WJ Set is pretty impressive stuff.)

Thanks.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I really enjoyed the James' DVDs. I thought they were very informative and, while not sticking directly to the book, well taught. No one complained with Paul Wilson taught updated handlings of the material in Royal Road, so I don't see why they'd complain now. As for the Ackerman set, I was told by Dave Malek that they should be finished soon. I've been seeing ads for almost a year now and probably more, so that didn't seem too out of the ordinary, but I heard this back in July. I really don't know when they'll be out, but I'll be picking them up when they are.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.