The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Dove Table or box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Just curious. What is the best looking or best looking to you manipulation table that you have seen?

Bairefoot
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
434 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean what kind of cages and props that a certain dove magician uses that are the best looking, I would have to say General Grant's cages are very very unique and quite beautiful. If you have never seen them, they are sort of like strands of colored beads that make up the cage bars. He has used some in the past that are kind of like a double tier cage of this type. His act was full of color and total elegance. I really wish he was still performing it Smile

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Allen. That is what I am asking. I like Dan Sperry's how he has his drop box then his vanishing cage above it.

Bairefoot
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
434 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I like this question, it has me thinking. Smile I also really like Dimmares shrinking bird cage at the end of his act, and Shimadas use of the big silver tree-like structure is also very unique. As you can tell, most of my analysis is of a more classic approach to dove magic. I have heard lots of good stuff about Sperry as you mentioned, and I think I will check out his stuff in the near future.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
In my picture that you see is my table. I produce the giant card fan at the end of my card manipulations. I place an appearing bird cage in middle of the stand. Now I am just trying to do two seperate acts with two tables. that's why I asked the question. Thanks again.

Bairefoot
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would start from scratch to build a table that fits my act. Or customize a table that is already made. I am in the middle of working on one right now.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Cool Dynamike can we see some pictures?

Bairefoot
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
My favorite ones are Jason Byrnes, Lance Burton and Greg Frewin they all look nice on stage and matches their acts.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 17:53, Bairefoot wrote:
Cool Dynamike can we see some pictures?

Bairefoot

I am not finished with it yet. I will use it the present manipulation act I am putting together. When I get it on video, I will show you.
magicfreak_NV
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of magicfreak_NV
Jason Bird has a great table by Ayala
Michael Barron also has a modern table

what to see if anyone can add to this list
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Here's an Idea, If you guys have an Ikea store in the area or any other home furnishing store, Go down and buy the most elaborate looking laundry bag you can. Come home and decorate it and add additions to it. It looks very similar to a ditch box Sperry has in his act. I used one for a competition and decorated it with steel chains and spray painted designs on the black canvas. I also modified the sides with little hooks and added small compartments for easy steals. At the end of the day, it diddnt look one bit like a laundry bag. So a net search for laundry bags with metal supports and wheels. I got mine for jus $9.90 . I'm sure it'll help. Below is a pic of a laundry bag with metal supports and wheels that can easily be modified to look like a custom magic table. Phelston jones has his that looks like a wine barrel with its top sawn off...

http://www.sanicare.com.au/Files/@sanica......cart.gif
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks man.

Bairefoot