The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Know any good routines for the Insurance Policy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Hi guys,

I would like to know if anybody knows or has any excellent routines for the 'Insurance Policy'?

I'll explain why I'm asking, I bought David Malek's 'Ultimate Insurance Policy Routine' about a year ago, and while 'just about okay' (can't really knock it as I haven't even tried performing it), it's full of sexual inuendo, and I'm a clean performer (yes, I even wash between my toes), and all rude, risque language/inuendo is a serious no-no in my book, so if you know of a clean routine, please let me know.

(If you should feel so inclined, you can PM if you don't want to give away your routine to everyone!)

Many thanks in advance & my warm regards to all,

Martin King
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
P.S. I should add, that I've tried editing/changing the script, but it takes away the very guts of the script, so no luck there!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hmmm...haven't seen that one and can't seem to find it. Any chance you've got a link for it?

Mark.
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Mrunge

Sorry, no link! Oh, hold on, try elmagicshop.com or type in earths largest magic shop into a search engine? It's owned by David Malek, the creator of the routine.

Hope that helps!
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Mrunge

Sorry, no link! Oh, hold on, try elmagicshop.com or type in earths largest magic shop into a search engine? It's owned by David Malek, the creator of the routine.

Hope that helps!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I tried that and could not find this effect. They had a couple of David's items, but not this one.

Hmmm....Mark.
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Martin,

I have a marketed version that works with a FREE CHOICE. Any card can be used...and you get more gags...and the revelation of their card (no sleights) attached to your shoe heel. It's called "Card Under Shoe Magicians Insurance Policy!" See my website.

Best, PAUL GORDON
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Martin,

Here's a link to Paul effect. Hope this helps.

http://www.paulgordon.net/cgi-bin/sh0000......3a21#a21

Mark.
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Mrunge & Paul Gordon

Thanks sooooooooo much for replying! I really, truly appreciate it.

I'll check out your link Mr Gordon (or may I call you Paul? or should it be 'Sire'?; sorry can't resist a joke when the opportunity arrises)

Warm & fuzzy regards to both of you,

Martin King
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
P.s. Mrunge, sorry about the lack of link, I can't really help you futher!

Martin King
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Martin,

Thank you...call me "sire" if you wish; not that I'm that posh!

Paul Gordon
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Martin, you're welcome. Hope you find something that works for you.

Keep us posted!

Mark.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Check out Michael Ammar's "Easy To Master Card Magic", Vol. 1. The routine in their is fairly simple and straightforward, and can be used to develop your own version.

The aspect of this particular routine that I like the most is that it has plenty of room for an absolute miracle! When you've asked them to shuffle and turn up the top card, and it's their selected card, there's one possible miracle. When that card isn't the selected card, but you do the old indicator card bit, and count down that many cards (five card if it's a 5, etc.), and that happens to be the selected card, there's another miracle!

Heck, when either of those miracles happen, I don't even open the insurance policy! I just say, "Just like most insurance policies, I don't need it often," and put it away.

Remember the old rule of magic: "If a miracle happens during your act, take credit for it!"