The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Taining doves with music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just received royal free music from Thomas Clark: http://www.magicsax.com/store/page13/page13.html dealing with my dove manipulation act. If I use certain music tracks in my act, will it be good to use the same music tracks while practice? Will it help the doves know what to expect more dealing with the performance and the flight back? Any comments?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4864 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mike, I don't think it makes any difference to the doves but rather to you. If I'm just practicing a particular effect, I don't necessarily play the music in the background, but once I decide to add the effect to my act, most definitely I use the music all the time. In my case, my act is timed exactly with the music. I can't be off more than a second or two so I play the music as often as I can. I may be anal about this but I even record the music to play in my car. I play it over and over until it's burned into my head. If my timing is right, the dove normally follows suit.
Where the magic begins
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
Me too I listen to my dove act music in my car, I thought I was the only crazy magician that did that, but I guess I am no the only one.

Jose
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I like and have used Thomas magic music. Its great and no worries about royalties.

Its good to listen to your music in your car, visualize yourself doing the moves and steals and whatever... MIND practice.

Steven