The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Molting, and bad timing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
All my 7 doves started molting the past week and 1/2 of the feather on their head and neck areas are spotty, they don't look very good; I have a performance this weekend, any suggestions on how to make them more presentable?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Short of gluing feathers back on them, there really isn't much you can do. Moutlting is a fact of nature. Depending on the distance to the audience and the effects you do, it may not be as noticeable as you think unless they are really featherless.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Yep, not much can be done. Be prepared for a few feathers to fly during the show too. You can rub them (stroke them) frmo head to tail before the show to get some of the looser ones to come out first before you perform, but there really isn't much you can do in the matter. When (or IF) people ask, just tell them its molting season and they are losing the summer wear and preparing for winter. I doubt anyone will really notice, but they will notice some of the feathers coming out. We've all been there....its not a real major issue. Good luck in your show!
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
None except mother nature. please be sure they are not plucking at eachother if there are more than one male in cage it will happen and most people think they are molting.There are godd molting vita,ins just for that ask your local vet store.