The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Building a multi- purpose prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Hi, just thought I would run this by everyone. I have made a sliding die box, more like the coin sliding coin box. I have used square pieces for the slide instead of the normal round. I have made multiples of the squares for different pictures, such as...a ghost, a Santa, a pumpkin and any other item need in a personal touch routine. On the front doors of the unit I put magnetic tabs so I can change the design for the different seasons or type of show I will be doing. Than I made a stand that it will sit on with a backing that is also interchangeable. I picked up some magnetic printer sheets and made different scenes for the doors which stick to the magnetic tabs.

I just got tired of purchasing the same product with different themes, so I thought this would be better and take up less room. And it is very versatile.

What do you think?

Thanks
Chris
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Great idea, Chris. You have developed an inter-changeable prop and practical too.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Thanks James,

I have finished the first one and now I am going to work on the "Mis Made, Skeleton, Santa, Woman, and others. Each of the blocks will have a magnetic hold and a ledge to keep the inserts from dropping when the blocks are dropped in.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Any photo for us to view, wa-na-be? We can then appreciate the work you have done. The inter-changing feature is really a great idea.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I'll get my camera back from my daughter, she just started college and wanted to use it. I don't have a website so all I know I can do is PM the pictures. I'll try for this weekend.

Thanks for the interest, plus if you have any ideas after seeing it by all means let me know.

Chris
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Chris. After viewing the pics, I'll chime in some ideas.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Excellent concept. I wish you success with it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Pics pls
Cards never lie
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
I would put some pictures up, but I don't have a website and I can not get them to load on to the Café.

Any ideas on putting the pictures up let me know..
Thanks
Chris
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Let me see if this will work for the pictures...

Click here to view/download attached file.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
OK, one more time with descriptions...

Click here to view/download attached file.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Chris, those are nice work. Inter-changing to fit the occasion is brilliant and using the same prop. Really cost savings too as you don't have to buy the same prop again.