The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Periods & styles of Magic :: Period Magic Memories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am glad you were not injured Bill.

I remember when those commercials dealing with Marshal Brodien selling magic sets use to come on.

I also remember my first mentalism set. I tried performing everything like magic tricks. It got boring to me because I did not astonish the audience.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
And the ruffles on the shirts! Powder blue tux with a pink ruffled shirt dark blue velvet trim and cumber bund and the biggest bow tie on earth.

Burn baby burn disco inferno.
Lantiere
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Lantiere
I remember one gig back in the early 1970's performing magic at a blue & gold cub scout banquet in a gold-sparkle jacket with black lapels. It was the "in" thing for "modern" dance bands to wear (I wore the jacket in a dance band in which I was playing bass guitar). As a relatively new performing magician, I actually believed the magic ads that said kids loved sucker tricks! So I did 2 or 3 of them in a row. The scouts threw buttered popcorn at me during those effects. (The scout leader and several scouts apologized later that night.) After that, I vowed never to do a "sucker" trick again, because in the end, only the magician is the sucker for buying it. Since then, I have used the "sucker" trick apparatus, but re-routined them into positive self-esteem experiences for the children. I always wanted to form a magician's support group called "M.A.S.T." ("Magicians Against Sucker Tricks") but never found the time. By the way, butter is hard to get off a gold sparkle jacket.