The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: The aerial safe escape!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
"What goes up," as they say.

I'm curious as to the descent.

Maybe he'll drop on a 20-ft cable (still one of the coolest things I've seen that I think I remember Ian designing for someone).
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Jay,
I admit you're the best dolly repairer out there and, although you can talk the ear of a dead horse, I miss you and wish I was going to the convention.

Doc, don't know that I have ever designed the cabling section for a drop.

Ian
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I....me....I can talk the the ear off a dead horse...THEN it's a good thing this isn't a live talk forum.
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
Ian,

I was thinking of the stocks you built for Robert Gallup. Amazing.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Doc,

If you want to see the action first hand, I believe I can work it out so you can stand under the safe during the escape, but you have to sign a release form.

Hey... If an escape artist does not sign a release form, can he still escape?
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
Jay,

I'll sign all the releases you got.

Also, if you need me to hold a camera every once in a while, just let me know. I'm always happy to help the convention in any way.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Thank you very much, Doc.

Ian, do you think we can open a side business repairing dollies? And are you coming to the '08 convention?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi, Doc, the real secret to Robert Gallup's escape that you talk about is the rigging. That isn't my area, and very well-trained personal are needed for that.

Jay, if I advertise "dolly" repairs, I would get laughed at here (more than when people saw the photos of the gold shorts). Dollies out here are toys girls (and some boys) play with. They're called trolleys out here, and the expertise to repair such a thing is outside of my sphere of intelligence.

On a serious side, I will miss seeing Mark Cannon's safe escape. It looks spectacular.
Ian
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You will see it.........on DVD.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Jay, as Doc is willing to sign the release AND hold a camera.....why not get him one with a transmitter on it? That way, when the safe lands (squashing him and the camera), you won't need to recover the tape/CD!

Nice of you to volunteer, Doc! Can't wait to see the safe come crashing down...... Oh, bummer, I just realised I am mixing up the safe escape with the one the Australian geezer is doing (the one where the vat is pulled out with a tight rope)... Maybe Doc could volunteer for that, as well?
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Jay,
I hope your DVD is as good as the one for the last convention. That was great.

Ian
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Uh-Oh.... Now I have standards to live up to.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I know this is going back a few years now, but does anyone have any video of Mark doing this at the convention?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
It's on the 09 DVD.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Are the convention DVDs still available Jay?

If so, from where mate?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter