The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Review Request: Card in cigarette - Fred Kaps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Hi Guys

I have posted this in another section of the Café, I guess it's worth getting it in here for a review request:

I was wondering if anyone knows something about this trick. I found it on a swiss page (http://www.zauberladen.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=108) but can't find anything else on the net. I'll just do a quick translation:

The effect:
You hand over an immaginary deck of cards to the spectator. You ask the spectator to shuffle it, pick out a card. In the meanwhile, you ask someone for a cigarette.
You ask the spectator what the card he has chosen.. let's say it was the QH. You break the cigarette in half, and.. tataaa.. there's a card in the cigarette.. obviously the QH.

Now.. this sounds similiar to the classic smoke effect which is also performer by Derren Brown. BUT: this is what really makes it interesting..

The cigarette is REALLY borrowed
The spectator does REALLY choose any card, no force!
The card IS IN the cigarette ! You take it out slowly, with your fingertips
even the SPECTATOR can take it out!
No big manipulations (whatever that means );)
set up approx 15 mins

Now.. this sounds too good to be true really. Apparently this is an original Fred Kaps effect.

Does anyone know this one?

Cheers
Carl
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Is this a different request than the one you posted about 10 posts down in this section? Smile
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Oooops.. erm.. I guess I'm confused.. I kind of thought that "the bad, the good, the garbage.. " etc. is a different section, and that I'm in revie here.. Sorry.. I still don't get it Smile Let me see if I find ou how to move it somehwere! Very sorry for that!
carl
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of carl
Ah.. ***it.. just realized it now..

--Tricks & Effects: This area for reviews of magic tricks only.

is a subcategory of
-- The Good, the Bad, and the Garbage

Really sorry Smile