The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Sponge Rabbits (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
RollyD
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of RollyD
James,
I really like your bunny out of the mini hat idea. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it. I tried ordering one via the website, but its an email and not a direct order to an electronic cart, etc.
Rolly
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
I don't "tear" them into two bunnies anymore. too many people trying to tear them to prove (somehow) that it was designed to do that, and it took away the multiplying theme if they see me do it and it looks "built-in"
Love the tiny hat!
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Dick Barry of the United States sells a little top hat that produces a rabbit magically. It's handled by Practical Magic in the UK. If you go to http://www.practical-magic.com/index.php......temid=26 and click on extended version, you can see a video clip of me performing my routine, which has nothing original in it except, as far as I know the gag of the jumping rabbits. It was taped without an audience but will give you an idea of how it plays.
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-08-20 23:53, RobertBloor wrote:
Quote:
lylemagic: How can you not like the sponge bunny trick?

Because in my book, it's the equivalent of pinching the face of a toddler and pretending to steal their nose.

Unless that toddler has a mullet.

Robert

Look kid... I got your mullet! I got your mullet!
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
Quote:
On 2007-08-30 14:05, Clark wrote:

For your viewing pleasure ...

I'd say, "You ever hear of 126th St. Barbie? Well this is her Pimp's hat and it is very magical...here watch..."

Just kidding...very creative actually.

nice patter
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
864 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Daryls version "Papa Rabbit Hits the Big Time", I think it's called. He produces the rabbits from the sleeve fold in his jacket. Very nice production. If you wear a jacket. I don't. I always use the purse frame for the balls, and I've just started using the rabbits... just approaching the table with them concealed in my hand.. but I think I'll start using the purse frame with them.

I also use the carrots as a silent opener. Approach a table, wink at the kid(s), and then do it...
DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I have a sponge 3d bunny (one of the bigger ones) as one of the loads in my rapid fire chop cup routine. From there, I leave the rabbit out and clear the cup & bits away allowing easy steals of more.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I have seen Magicians palm them and mime pulling them out of spectators hair or out of a purse frame. I feel a bit awkward doing that. I also think it complicates the Magic because you are letting the spectators know you are hiding rabbits in your hands before even doing the trick. So I just pull them out of my pocket and show them to start my bunny routine. I like to keep things simple. What ever works for you. This is just the way I do it. Cheers!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"These are my two rabbits. They're the low-maintenance variety."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just use, "Have you heard my Rabbit story with Momma rabbit and Dadda rabbit?" Then I go on and explain how the Dad rabbit keeps coming back to the Mom rabbit and then the next phase when they have babies.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Oh man, I don't even do rabbits but that purse move screams for the use of a cloaking device. Having that purse frame held in the hands is the perfect display position to show the hand empty right before pulling out some sponge...

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2022, vincentmusician wrote:
I have seen Magicians palm them and mime pulling them out of spectators hair or out of a purse frame. I feel a bit awkward doing that. I also think it complicates the Magic because you are letting the spectators know you are hiding rabbits in your hands before even doing the trick. So I just pull them out of my pocket and show them to start my bunny routine. I like to keep things simple. What ever works for you. This is just the way I do it. Cheers!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, Kaliix wrote:
Oh man, I don't even do rabbits but that purse move screams for the use of a cloaking device. Having that purse frame held in the hands is the perfect display position to show the hand empty right before pulling out some sponge...

Quote:
On Jun 21, 2022, vincentmusician wrote:

A wonderful gimmick. I use one to vanish a bill.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Where is a good place to learn some handling tips for said gimmick?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Trial and error will be your best teacher at first. You will learn new ways to think about it.

Most of the handlings look far too unnatural to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks, I'll check it out.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I don't think goshmann are making these anymore!!!!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1779 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Nope, not the 3d ones, they're discontinued. And they're sold out everywhere.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7604 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2022, Levi Bennett wrote:
Nope, not the 3d ones, they're discontinued. And they're sold out everywhere.

BIG bummer! I LOVE my 3D rabbits.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
2000 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
There are only a few lectures like this that I unreservedly recommend. This Jay Scott Berry lecture is a joy to watch and he goes over in great detail, exactly how to use a TT, a Sanada and his Cloaking Device (including how to make your own) naturally and smoothly to always be one ahead of your audience.

Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, Levi Bennett wrote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2022, Kaliix wrote:
There are only a few lectures like this that I unreservedly recommend. This Jay Scott Berry lecture is a joy to watch and he goes over in great detail, exactly how to use a TT, a Sanada and his Cloaking Device (including how to make your own) naturally and smoothly to always be one ahead of your audience.

Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, Levi Bennett wrote:

I worked at Magic Inc. for 10 years. I saw more lectures than I can remember literally. Jay was a standout. I spent time with him, taking him to his hotel and dinner and such. He is a fantastic person as well. Very generous with his ideas and information. This was 20 or so years ago so it is possible that I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Indeed he is a great resource for this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus