The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Silk & Wire production items (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Hi, gang,

I was speaking with Pat Cashin yesterday about the old clown production items made out of silk and wire. There is a whole generation of clown gags built on these types of props. I've seen props like these discussed in Stuart Cramer's Germain books as well as in Steinmeyer's more commercial offerings.

As far as Pat and I (and a room full of knowledgeable clowns) know, the clown world has let this type of prop building die out. Is there anyone in the magic community keeping this tradition alive?

Kindly,

Brian
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Are you talking about things that would fold flat and Spring open? Or simply light weight cloth and wire props?
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
Our conversation centered around production items; including an oversize (8 foot plus) hammer, a fishing pole, a fish (naturally), and what in the existing literature sounds a lot like the expanding die: a small box, which when tossed to the ground becomes a large box...this is sounding more and more like a creative magic kind of project...

-Brian