The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Dvd... Which one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cedrik
View Profile
New user
Belgium
4 Posts

Profile of Cedrik
Hi,
My name is Cedrik (from Belgium) and I've just join The Magic Café 2 days ago...
I would like to improve my knowledges on the kidshows (I'm doing some tricks with sponge balls, with ropes, like Multicolor ropes from Jean Merlin, vanishing ring with silk, and other things like that...).

So, is there somebody could advice me for choosing some dvds of kidshow for the birthdays?

Is there a DVD for kidshows on school (or it's the same shows like the birthday!)?
Thanks for your replies

PS : Sorry for my "bad" english, I am trying to improve myself!
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I highly suggest the Kidabra dvd's. The Live Kidabra Birthday Show 2 dvd set is LOADED with workable and GREAT material.. Available HERE http://www.kidabra.org/products.html
I have all of these great dvd sets and anyone with any kind of interest in kids shows should have these in their magic dvd library. I suggest you become a member too even if there is not a chapter in your area the magazine you get is also really great.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Cedrik
View Profile
New user
Belgium
4 Posts

Profile of Cedrik
Ok, thank's for the advice!
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Check out the items for sale, there are a set of Kidabra DVD's for sale that may be what you are looking for.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Soon there will be a KIDabra Library Show DVD.
Dennis Michael
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I cant wait for the Library Show..just from the past Kidabra dvd set..this will be AWESOME!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

shakes
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of shakes
Just for good measure you might want to check out David Kayes Seriously Silly dvd. I've read the book and its amazing. It will help get you where you want to go.
DUTCH MAGIC MAN
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of DUTCH MAGIC MAN
Anything from David Ginn is good.
For a classic book there is "The birthday party Business.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I think the new Chris Capehart DVD has great kids show performances, and Ginn also has some great stuff, as do Ross Macrae and Ken Scott (specifically on birthday shows).
Cody Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
201 Posts

Profile of Cody Comet
All those are good, along with Samuel Patrick Smith's Kidology and Magic Ingredient Dvd's.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
One of my best purchases was not a dvd but a book Seriously Silly by David Kaye aka Silly Billy...
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
I wish Jean merlin had a dvd with his ropes explanation
I love the multicolor rope clip.
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
Thanks for this discussion. I have done a couple of library kid shows - had some fun, but needed more direction. The comments and suggestions were quite helpful.