The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Oversize Linking Ring (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
[quote]On Dec 28, 2023, ChrisPayne wrote:
I have just discovered this rather clever 5 ring routine by Tonny van Rhee, which uses 2 oversize rings. Available from Glycklaren,

Apols "Gycklaren" as at https://www.gycklaren.com/en/articles/2.......5-300-mm
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2023, ChrisPayne wrote:
I have just discovered this rather clever 5 ring routine by Tonny van Rhee, which uses 2 oversize rings. Available from Glycklaren,

Apols "Gycklaren" as at https://www.gycklaren.com/en/articles/2.......5-300-mm

Thanks for the link. Have you seen/handled these rings ? I'm curious about the usual things: Welds are invisible , or nearly so ? How thick are they ? I would want a minimum thickness of 1/4" (6.35mm), but would prefer somewhat thicker rings of 8mm - 9mm . For 12 inch rings (11.8 inch rings/300 mm , in this case) 1/4" starts to look a bit thin proportionally for nearly 12 inch diameter rings.
ChrisPayne
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
241 Posts

Profile of ChrisPayne
[quote]On Dec 29, 2023, David Todd wrote

Thanks for the link. Have you seen/handled these rings ?quote]

No I haven't. They come from a good "stable" (El Duco etc) so I don't expect them to be poor, but they are relatively inexpensive so seeing/handling them is the key.
My 10" rings are 3/8" gauge, which looks good but an oversize ring in that gauge and diameter is a bit more conspicuous than thinner gauge and/or larger diameter. I get round it to a large extent with routining and not worrying about it (! even if people notice it doesn't explain anything)). I notice the Tonny van Rhee 5 ring routine uses the two larger rings, which helps "balance" some of the displays.