The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Talk About Tricks by Joshua Jay - my review (long) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
James, I understand. There is so much great magic on this set, you want to go slow and make it last.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
This is still on my Xmas list...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is one of the best projects ever released. And, it's NOT just about tricks. It covers professional techniques that will advanced your magic.

On volume one Joshua reveals a move ( Erdnase Break Subtlety ) that Larry Jennings taught him and for me, it was worth the price of the set. Anyone that has ever held a break under a card while the deck was in their left hand and then transferred the deck to the right hand will know the angle issue from the left. This move eliminates that. For the card worker, this is a big deal!

Paul Gross over at http://www.hocus-pocus.com has the set on sale for $59.95 ( list price everywhere else is about $99.95 ). That's over 7 hours ( more than 90 items ) at an unbelievable price ( $40 less than elsewhere ). Give Paul a call toll free at (800) 407-4040 and grab it.

The set is far more than learning some new tricks. There are techniques, ideas and subtleties that will improve your performance of magic.

GET THIS SET!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
The Talk About Tricks DVD set is a steal for the asking price. Definitely one of the best values in magic. For those that are interested, I just posted a review of the set on my blog. Here's the link: http://calebwiles.blogspot.com/2010/09/t......alk.html

You may also want to keep your eye out for L&L Publishing sales throughout the year. Sometimes they offer a buy one get one free deal or something similar. You can sign up on the website to be included on their mailing list.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWiles.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people. Don't let the secret out of the bag. Talk About Tricks may be one of the most understated magic video sets out on the market (or ever for that matter).
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
It's a great set, and a big reason, I think, is the format. Almost every explanation is Josh with two other magicians, and their discussion and interplay really elevates this beyond most magic DVDs.
mir11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mir11
Where can I get this as a download only?
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2021, mir11 wrote:
Where can I get this as a download only?

I would go with Vanishing Inc.
J3
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
170 Posts

Profile of J3
If anybody is still looking for this it's currently on sale at Vanishing Inc.