The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: WGMBTWGM Card to Wallet (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title:WGMBTWGM Card to Wallet
Medium: DVD
Arena: Close up and parlour
Available: Any shop, distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies

I think I need to fully admit that if you want to completely fool me do a card to wallet or envelope. I don’t know why but I’ve never caught anyone making the moves, I am the biggest sucker for the misdirection, and you’ll leave me wondering when you did the load. I know, this makes me weak in some of your eyes, but at least I’m man enough to admit it. Another thing I want to admit is that I have never gone out and purchased a ‘magic wallet’. I have done card to envelope but never the wallet because magic wallets are the computer of the magic world. I mean that once you think you found one you want you are told that is outdated and you need the newer model and it goes on and on. Look at magic boards, someone asks what type of wallet to get and they get 60 pages of responses. It might be a Kaps or Balducci, or the Kaps/Balducci, then the Kaps/Balducci/Himber with a Marlo back slash. It confuses me to no end and I’ve stuck with envelopes but always wanted to be cool like other guys who do card to wallet.

L&L continues with their great compilations of magic by subject and this time they bring us Card to Wallet. Again the production quality ranges from very good to kind of fuzzy for the older material. Do keep in mind this material is harvested from previous releases by L&L or others partner companies should they have any material that would fit. All this material is from L&L with the exception of Eric De Camps who is courtesy of those fine folks at Murphys Magic Supplies. I think the card to wallet is one of the best walk around tricks you can do with a deck of cards. It is a self contain card to impossible location and the lay public seem to really enjoy it. What is nice about this DVD is you do not have to have a magic wallet to perform all of them, some you do, but not all. They difficulty ranges from extremely easy, as in Michael Ammars routine, to those requiring more skill but everything is within the range of anyone willing to learn and practice the routines. Let’s look at what is on this DVD.

Bendix Bombshell presented by John Mendoza:

This uses a trick wallet and is a great routine. Here the spectator picks and signs two cards and they are lost into the deck. A third card is placed into the wallet, a forth angled so it is clearly seen in the deck. The end result is the card you put into the wallet is now in the deck, the one in the deck now in the wallet, and the two signed cards that were lost in the deck are found in the wallet zipped up. I liked the routine very much.

Pro Card to Wallet by Alexander De Cova

I really like De Cova and recommend his Treasures DVD set highly, which this routine is taken from. This is a more elaborate routine and you are using a wallet that is, to my, very uniquely gimmicked, along with a specially made card, to get a card to envelope. This routine is pretty cool you’ll likely want to re work it to fit your style. De Cova does get a tip o’ the hat for creativity and while a good routine I’m thinking that because there is more work to it this will be the most ignored of all the routines presented, just due to work not that it isn’t a great handling.

Card To Wallet by Michael Ammar

This routine will be popular because you don’t use a trick wallet, you don’t have to load anything, and it is a darn good routine. In this effect the card is picked and torn into pieces, the traditional receipt is given to the spectator while the other pieces are clipped together. Those pieces turn into a credit card and in your wallet where the credit card should be is found a card and it is whole except for the piece that is in the hands of the spectator. The experienced magician will likely piece this together just from that description but it does play well for the lay public and this is something anyone can do rather quickly.

Card To Wallet by Eddie Tullock:

Eddie, we miss you sir! This is a pretty basic card to wallet, again with a regular bill fold type wallet. The handling is nice but what I liked was how Eddie incorporates his trade show chops to show how to use it to promote a client. Eddie was the father of trade show magic and it is good to see his handling.

Momma In My Wallet by Dan Fleshman

This is, in my humble opinion, the best routine in the bunch. Dan Fleshman is an outstanding magician who I don’t think gets the credit he deserves. This routine combines Red Hot Momma with a card to wallet, using a Kaps Wallet, which if no one can give me a reason not too is likely the wallet I’ll eventually get, to great effect. Dan is smooth and the routine flows beautifully. This is a winner among winners in this collection.

Card To Wallet by Alex Elmsley

Another great magician who is no longer with us, you may have heard of a count he created. This routine uses a regular dress wallet but what is really great here is this one uses sleight of hand beyond what the others do. Watch this routine and then the explanation for the very interesting load used by Alex. He is right under your nose doing things that you never would imagine and is slicker’n snot on a door knob. I had no clue what he was up to. Very nice.

Card in Wallet Routine by Eric De Camps *courtesy of Murphys Magic Supplies

This is a close runner up to Dan Fleshman for best of show, for some of you it will be and I’ll say it is a tie now that I’ve watched it again. This routine also uses a Kaps wallet. What you get in this wonderful routine is three cards are selected and one signed. You pull your wallet out and give it to a spectator to hold, you have stated if you cannot find a card the specs get the money. You produce, in a flourishy type of way, the first two cards but cannot find the last, signed, card. You ask the cards name and upon hearing it you announce that earlier you predicted a card that would be pulled, you then take back the wallet and open it and show your prediction was right. Just as the audience is done acknowledging this mental feat you then show that the card is the signed card not just a duplicate. Very strong magic. I do want to point out that this is the first time I’ve seen Eric De Camps and I’ve never seen anyone appear so different from his performing ‘self’ and his explaining the routine ‘. I liked his style.

There you have it. If you want to add a card to wallet to your arsenal this is a great place to look. You can start today using the version for non-trick wallets if you want to or become. I have always liked this routine and now that I’ve seen these guys perform it makes me want to learn a routine. Take a good look at the Fleshman and and De Camps versions and I think you’ll be out mumbling at strangers. Another winner by L&L