The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
What if you and your assistant had two DIFFERENT costumes and the assistant walks around and the magician is in a box or something. Then the assistant takes off the costume and it is the magician. In other words, The magician is wearing the assistant's cosutme and vice versa if this is a trick let me know. I think it would be a great trick. (Stage is what I am looking at it being used) I have an idea but just wanted to see what you all thought about it.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Too many to mention.

Some examples that I can remember right off the top of my head.

Paul Daniels did a cheesy type of routine where he was locked into various cabinets/bags and escaped by becoming another character who was putting him into the box.

He also levitated himself (covered in cloth) and vanished in the air and turned out to be one of the helpers

Things that go Bump in the Night lends itself to a change without realizing it.

and so on.
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Oh. Thanks. I just thought of it and was wondering.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
There also are some magic pantomine illusions where unseen costume changes happen. You can find some descriptions in the Tarbell books, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has on using volunteers from the audience, and also check out Art and Artifice from Jim Steinmeyer.
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Thanks. I am really thinking about Mark's book.
Ian_M
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Ian_M
There's a guy who does it actually, even more: you can see his face just before he vanishes and appears in the back of the theater. He has no twin, though. If you pick it, it will probably amaze spectators done clearly. That magicians says it does amaze his spectators.
Good luck!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for but it is pretty darn close and one of the best available. Check out Steve Fearson's Monkey Vanish at http://www.downloadmagic.com

Hope this helps!

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Orson
View Profile
New user
Australia
12 Posts

Profile of Orson
Hahah... I remember seeing a video of two great Australian magicians Sue-anne Webster and Tim Ellis do a costume swap with a sub trunk. IMO it was way too slow but the premise was beautiful.
Benny Orson
Paradox Engineer