The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: It is weird... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
But lately I have been getting Genii and Magic Magazine later than I did when I was in Juneau. Ahhh, the joys of the postal system.

Waiting.

RevJohn
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Really? I always get mine right on time, always on the first day of the month and even before then. And I live in Canada!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Yeah, in Juneau, I got mine before the end of the month.

And today, it is August 2nd, and my August issue hasn't arrived yet.

Tomorrow... there is always tomorrow...
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Remember the old motto? Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet... Ahhh...the good old days of the postal service.

Now, they're just...well, slow. Smile

Mark.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Yes, but at least we pay more now!!!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
LOL, yes mine came Monday, though of late it and geni have varied a bit from their usual delivery date, you never know who to blame the magazine or the postal diservice.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
Back in the "old days" a phone call cost $1.00 per minute (a lot of money then) and you had to get the operator to make the call for you. At the same time, postage cost 5 cents, and they delivered it right to your door.

Now the cost of a phone call is about three cents or less with lighting fast connections and a large assortment of services. On the other hand, postage is up to 41 cents and they deliver it to large community boxes (with talk of no Saturday delivery).

Yeah, we need more government!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18080 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Brilliant Bill...Brilliant!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Ran to the mail box. Still no magazine. I will give it a couple of days and then contact Magic. Or perhaps when the magic magazine shows up with a note attached to it from the local post office, "We are sorry but this got damaged in (we don't know) .... sorry."
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
So when would be the appropriate time to assume this thing got lost in the mail, and see about a replacement? As you can tell, still no copy in the old mail box.

John