The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: "Retro Gravity " Time ta talk!! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
Any news on this? I'm starting to wondering if Retro Gravity is real at all.... Or just a hoax?
Never read the instructions!
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
I already stumbled upon the exact method of retro gravity, I thought it was original but msged Magicbuilder to make sure it wasnt the same because what he said was achievable with retro was the same with my method, but unfortunately my method and his method ended up being the same thing so I guess I cant release it.. its all yours Devin, go for it before someone else stumbles upon this method too and decides to release it without doing what I did..
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
This will never come out as I am sure it isn't even real.

What a bunch of hot air..
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 18:53, Irtaza wrote:
but unfortunately my method and his method ended up being the same thing so I guess I cant release it..

Maybe it will be released soon now that they know people are starting to come up with the same method. You didn't tell them your method did you?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 19:12, DVLKCC wrote:
This will never come out as I am sure it isn't even real.

What a bunch of hot air..

I've never heard too much about cloud busting besides reading 20 page posts about it. But it would probably be awesome to say look at that cloud... now look at me (and you're levitating) and then look back the cloud (and it's gone).
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Hmm, you are talking about some time misdirection aren't you?? Smile
I really do hope this comes out and he prices it out of the youtuber's hands.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
Quote:
I already stumbled upon the exact method of retro gravity, I thought it was original but msged Magicbuilder to make sure it wasnt the same because what he said was achievable with retro was the same with my method, but unfortunately my method and his method ended up being the same thing so I guess I cant release it.. its all yours Devin, go for it before someone else stumbles upon this method too and decides to release it without doing what I did..

One could say that you should release it anyway, because Devin had more than enough time to do so. He promised to release this sooo many times over the years. But of course such an advice wouldn't be "politcal correct" ; )

The basic idea for RG has been published back in the 80's. But I guess Devin has developed some really good routines around this basic effect over the years.
At one point he said the book for Retro Gravity AND Invisible force (which seems to see its rebirth as an effect called "Ascend" soon?!)would be at the printers and would be available in a few weeks. It's such a pitty that it never came out imho. So maybe this year? Last try? : )
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
Quote:
On 2007-07-25 05:54, magicbuilder wrote:
I will work on the book this year. It will appear when you list expect it. There will be no advance warning. Just suddenly one day, you will see it at all the dealers.

Devin

Ah there it is! Cool!
Hmmm ,it's already September 2008...
Irtaza
View Profile
Elite user
& Basketballer Ontario,Canada
458 Posts

Profile of Irtaza
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 19:32, fooksau wrote:
Quote:
but unfortunately my method and his method ended up being the same thing so I guess I cant release it..

Maybe it will be released soon now that they know people are starting to come up with the same method. You didn't tell them your method did you?

Yea I did, I explained the method and asked if it was the same, and it ended up being so. If he doesn't want to release it then ill be glad to release it, but its up to him as he discovered it first.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
I have this. A lot of hype and nothing really new.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
And it's taken you over seven years to come to that conclusion Smile Smile Smile