The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Success (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
Not sure if this is the correct place but I have been curious, how many magic dvd does one have to sell to make it a success and what are some of the most popular according to numbers sold magic dvds.
P3
practice practice perform.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Most people that release magic DVDs doesn't equal success at all. It means they had access to video equipment.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
I don't think he's asking about magicians but rather when a Magic DVD is considered a success. For instance in Hollywood, movie executives usually measure success with gross profit from box office sales. Movies that didn't earn in sales 3x what it cost to make used to be considered flops.

I think the OP is asking what makes a Magic DVD a flop or what makes it a success from a monetary standpoint.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It has to have good effects, good quality, and good teaching. Is that what you were asking for?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
I was really trying to figure out what it means to have a best selling or sucessful magic dvd. Does it mean you sell 500, 5000, or closer to 50,000 I imagine the Ammar tapes sell close to that number.
P3
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
NO WAY!!! there has NEVER been a magic DVD that has sold 50,000 pieces NEVER!

500 is closer to reality.....
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I'd say the really good ones sell well over 5,000. Probably like Born To Perform, and the Ellusionist videos.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
Tedb, are you saying that 500 sold is a success or is that what most dvd sell.
P3
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5474 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I'm not going to get specific but 50,000 dvds will never happen and 5000 pieces are very rare...thats what I'm saying...some sell some don't...

look at what you have here....and no one should take offense BUT we have people trading and selling used dvd's....100's of new DVDS every year....and now some guy who doesn't care who he hurts wanting to rent them...like net flicks there ya go
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
Net flix for magic dvds if it works I guess companies will have to figure out an alternative to dvd's. It seems like there have been less multi effect dvds coming out and maybe this is the reason.
P3
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I heard the qualifications for a one-hit wonder, successful effect, is to sell 10,000 copies.

However, in my personal opinion, it's a success if it helps advance the art.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Do not forget that this business is very much driven by new porducts. Once the hype is over, you will sell very, very slow
Cards never lie
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
Tempesta, excellent point and wow 10,000
P3