The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Derren Brown on Radio One (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
I thought that this might be of interest to some of you. My apologies for it being posted at such late notice. Derren Brown is due to appear on this coming Monday's (11th) Jo Whiley Show on Radio One. The program runs from 10am-12pm with Mr Brown scheduled for an 11:00 appearance roughly. Those of you outside of the UK may be able to listen on Radio One's homepage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/index.shtml

Martin.
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Anyone "hear" this?
I got up at 4am to hear him and I was VERY impressed. Anyone want to discuss (maybe in Secrets)?

Asmayly
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
***!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it Smile , i don't suppose anyone taped it??????????????

I did a search on the radio-one web site, but couldnt find any clips.

Could anyone help??? (Pretty Please) Smile
Or post a brief review of the show.

Thanks - Gavin
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
OK, I'll describe it, but ONLY because I totally dig your avitar:

1) He guessed 5 times in a row what hand Jo put a coin in while it was behind her back (she put it 5 times in a row in the same hand)

2) [This totally amazed me] He had the "Director of Money" (or something like that) come in and he hynotized her convincing her that she could not move her hand from the desk AND that she couldn't remember HER FIRST NAME!! AND SHE COULDN'T!

3) Then he immediately moved into asking her to think of any word that could be the name of someone or any object, asked her to change her mind back and forth, then revealed to her it was "compass" she was thinking of.

4) The last bit was over the phone and a caller was to think of a letter in the alphabet. He said to exclude the letter of her own first name ("L") and then said she was thinking of 2 letters (and she said she was) and then told her the letter she was thinking of was "D". He was right.

-- That was it.
The show made me sad, though. Because it was so freakin' good!

-Asmayly.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
mp3 files of Derren's appearance have been posted @ http://www.geocities.com/derren_brown/

Well worth a listen
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
Thanks for posting that asmayly. Smile At least now I know what I missed, and your right he is just too "freakin' good!". Smile

Thanks too Steve Knight, the web site is
"temporarily unavailable!" at the moment but says it will be back in a hour, i'll keep trying.

Hopefully I'll be able to bump into Derren when he appears at the "Blackpool Magic Convention" on the 24th Feb where he will be signing copies of his new book.

Thanks - Gavin
Gavin W
View Profile
New user
UK
68 Posts

Profile of Gavin W
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Thanks again Steve, I've just finished downloading the clips.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Gavin, your welcome. But the credit should go to the person that did the mp3.s - I've just emailed him to thank him, as I imagine Radio One's copyright lawyers will be doing shortly!
Rob Wallis
View Profile
New user
The Other California
73 Posts

Profile of Rob Wallis
Does anyone know if the effects he did are published?
Tig Wallis
The Comic Psychic
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Aye, Number 4. It's absolutely basic, with just an added twist (you'll know the twist if you listened to the broadcast!)

Drew
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Really,

Where has it been published?