The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Feminine Mystique :: We are Here! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Hey! We are now the feminine Mystique! We can now be found so much easier because we have a wonderfully primo spot in a perfect section. I am going to write a note to Steve Brooks saying, "Thanks".

This successful move just shows that respectful requests do pay off if coupled with perseverance. Even the hardest stone is eventually worn through by the small, yet persistent drop of water. Smile

Ladies, start your engines!
Autumn
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Swingin' solid on the 2 & 4!

To all of the women here, I am proud of you for making your voices heard!
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Who's ya Daddy? Big DADDY COOL! Smile
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1653 Posts

Profile of randirain
Wow... I relly don't believe it.
I would have bet money that it never got moved or changed.
I guess I would have lost.

Randi
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
It's about time. There are many folks on this board of every gender, color, orientation, religion, etc. who are too often silent in regard to the subtle and sometimes not so subtle slights directed toward our fellows. I'm a huge advocate of freedom of expression, but I'm a bigger advocate of equality and love.

-Brian
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
All right! What a thrill it was to drop in this morning to find this section here! I guess we can quell the revolution, girls. It’s a success.

Thanks, Steve! I knew deep down you were a good guy. I admit for a moment there I thought you might be a knuckle dragger but you came through in scores!

Thank you’s to Big Daddy Cool and all the other guys for lending support.

I’m so happy now. I feel like I’m somebody. Smile For a reward, I promise to try and go a whole week without b****ing about something.

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Beth
View Profile
Loyal user
Missouri
277 Posts

Profile of Beth
Absolutely Holly. Well ... a week ...I don't know... like I've never done a whole week.. Ha HA... but this is awesome. Let's all do the happy dance! Go Us! Go Us! Smile
"All creative art is magic, is evocation of the unseen in forms persuasive,enlightening, familar, and surprising."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Congratulations! Plus, THE FEMININE MYSTIQUE is the classiest sounding forum on the Café.

(Plus you've been put ABOVE the Penny forum!!!!)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Nice surprise!
I'm glad it worked out.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I intend to be a regular reader of this section. Thanks Steve Brooks
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
scooter magic
View Profile
New user
Fredricksburg, VA
73 Posts

Profile of scooter magic
I've been silently following this and I'm very glad we have been moved. You all worked very hard making your opinion known and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hopefully now more female magicians will be enticed to post. I know for the longest time I wouldn't scroll to the bottom of the page.

Ashley
Ashley Taggert
moving up in the world of magic
HollyMental
View Profile
Elite user
OR
423 Posts

Profile of HollyMental
Quote:
On 2007-07-13 14:58, Beth wrote:
Absolutely Holly. Well ... a week ...I don't know... like I've never done a whole week.. Ha HA...

Well, you’ll notice I used the qualifier “try” in there. I’m a Mentalist. I’ve always got an “out.” Smile

Holly
The devil can advocate for himself.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Congrats! I'm sure we will see some of the most excellent posts in the Café coming from this section. As a member of the opposite sex, I've always been very intrigued about a woman's approach to magic. I find your feminine touches, approach, psychology and the downright cunning and skill you possess extremely fascinating and very welcome.

All the best,
Jerome.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
It was a very welcome surprise to see this when I signed on this morning!

*Magical Lady*
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Good luck ladies, I hope this forum serves you well...

Now if we can get enough Pirate performers to band together we may even get a Rogues Gallery... ARGHHHH!!!!!!
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
I zipped right by this and had to do a scrolling double-take! I wasn't sure what I was looking at for a second. I'm glad we aren't just add-ons now... Smile
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Love to see this, well done ladies, I like to see that you have taken precedence over those bloody mentalists... I look forward to stopping by and getting some invaluable feedback, thanks...
dec
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
Wow, much better position, and nice new name!
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
Wow! I am so impressed! Thanks Steve Brooks! This is so great to be moved to a prime position and with so much support and recognition from the guys! A very welcomed improvement!
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter