The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Israeli Magician - Mistakes with doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
We now have in Israel TV channel 2 a show like America's got Talent and this magician does some mistakes with doves.

Look, it's terrible.
I Think we need stop show with doves.

http://www.reshet.tv/video.aspx?video_id=3627

Thank you
David
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I'm not sure if we need to stop shows with doves but those that compete need to be sure they have their acts polished so they don't make mistakes. His doves obviously weren't comfortable since they flew away and theirs no excuse for dropping a bird on the stage floor during the double dove production.
Where the magic begins
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3390 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I agree dropping the doves was not good. The steals were great, even the split, but the doves did not like working with him . I work with doves & I also keep it simple if I don't feel right with a certain production I just won't do it.
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
That is just pathetic! This guy really needs to practice a lot more. It doesn't look like he trained his doves the least bit!

-Vinnie
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I don't know about that. I think the doves may have been trained but the magician was not. Each of the mistakes with the exception of the fly back were his fault, not the doves. Watch the video again. His steals were alright, but once the dove is produced, you can see he is very stiff. The doves will sense that. He is not at ease. He definitely wasn't ready for a competition.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
It looked like nerves got the best of him is all. and hey, they are birds, they will fly! *smile* Its happened to the best of them. I have sympathy for this guy though. He did the best he could, but as Dave stated, I think he was just a little unprepared for the audition (his nerves got him). I think we all have those stories though. The dove dropping to the ground though is a little odd. Looks like the doves may have been a little stressed. Could be anything though. Ya just never know. Again, we all have nightmare stories, his just happened to be caught on TV.
I think with different music, it would have looked a little different. The music was a little "slowing". A little upbeat tempo stuff, and the same act probably would have been received better. Music is a powerful thing, and getting the audience pumped is part of the presentation. Oh well....No need to knock the guy down for trying to do something to better himself, huh? *smile*
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Quote:
On 2007-07-08 14:17, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
That is just pathetic! This guy really needs to practice a lot more. It doesn't look like he trained his doves the least bit!

-Vinnie

Hi
This magician he is best with doves .
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3390 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Probably just had a bad day happens to all of us at one time or another.
Tophatter.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I still feel the judges could give him some slack...
he didn't even make the cage disappear yet! poor thing. I know how he feels though. Had very similar experiences.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Well, it's a talent contest. His fly back dove didn't fly back, he dropped a dove in the double dove production and allowed the second dove to take flight. He was very stiff in his presentation. At some point in time, a line has to be drawn to decide whether or not he is good enough to advance. At that point, there would have been no point in allowing him to proceed any further.

If he was a singer and was off key and sang the wrong words, the judges wouldn't have allowed him to continue, hoping it would get better. It's a one shot deal.

He simply wasn't prepared to compete in a large competition.
Where the magic begins
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Its alright though, he'll probably bounce back pretty strong after that. That that doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger.....
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4865 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Absolutely. Now if he just takes the clues, watches what he did and learns from it, he'll do just fine.
Where the magic begins
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
The covered cage was a bit unconventional. Usually a vanishing cage is kept uncovered until the end...

Chris
David Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
197 Posts

Profile of David Boyd
I guess he wanted to be different
Peace
David Boyd

www.myspace.com/harlemmagic