The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Our local masked magician wants to join the I.B.M - how? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Wow, loop-holes are GREAT!
Bet you could vanish a whole elephant with a good enough loop-hole....

And better yet, if you wait long enough,
just about anything will disintegrate like a mummy and become invisible sand...
now that's Magic!

Of course, walking on glass, fire, or water is just a stunt...
unless you're the magician doing it or a savior.

Thanks for the update,
I don't think I'll renew my membership after Phil leaves office....
so they gained one member...
how many of use may they lose?

Magically,
Walt
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
In fact, he not only revealed those, he also exposed:
SWORD SUSPENSION, NEEDLE THRU ARM, GRAVITY BOX (ILLUSION). etc.

But okay, we have to respect IBM comitee, what ever he decided.

Cheers,
CC.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
*That's* what should have been shown on the video. If you think he hasn't really changed his ways, just keep an eye on him. Like they said, now that he's a member if he exposes something, *then* they can do something about it. Most of the battle is evidence gathering. You need to show proof that the guy behind the mask is that particular person, you needed to show proof that he was exposing magic effects.

If I recall, your complaint started after his application was submitted, and nothing reached the right people until after the application was accepted. I don't know any specifics, but I hope that something can be done to speed up the process so things like this don't happen again. Otherwise, what's the point of listing names of potential members? In the time it takes for publication it seems the applicant can already be accepted and then there's really nothing you can do about it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Evans
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Bill Evans
I don't want to get into a debate about all this, but I did want to clear up a few things.

First, according to our records, the member in question [ASSUMING THAT THIS MEMBER IDENTIFIED BY C.C IS IN FACT THE PERSON IN THE VIDEO] was admitted as a member on April 1, 2007. Our records also indicate that the complaint in the nature of an inquiry was first received in May, 2007. If he had not already been a member, his application would have then been put on hold [assuming he received the requisite two complaints as required by the By-Laws] until the matter was resolved. The By-Laws require TWO complaints before it even gets to the Grievance Committee. However, this was not the case as the member in question was already a member at the time of the initial inquiry.

Second, Mr. Anthony [SpellbinderEntertainment]suggests that this decision was all contrived, which it was not. My response had the approval of my committee members, Fred Casto and Rich Bloch, as well as that of the International President, Phil Wilmarth. We were all in agreement as to this decision. We have By-Laws which we must follow in these matters, no matter what we might think personally of the situation. To call this decision a loophole is unfair to all those mentioned above who have served the IBM as faithful unpaid volunteers for many, many years. They have a reputation on honesty and integrity which is beyond reproach. If I have one regret, it is the length of time it took to get to this decision. However, you must also understand that we were dealing with a video in a foreign language that only showed a diagram of a foot as the "walking on glass" alleged exposure. Even if the video was in English and even if the video exposed the magic effects described by C.C. above, the fact remains that (1) different procedures apply in the By-Laws for existing members as opposed to applicant members and (2) the acts of a member before he became a member are properly handled by making a complaint before that member achieves member status. We stand by our decision and we believe it is the right decision under these circumstances.

I personally appeal to Mr. Anthony to continue his membership in the IBM and not let the emotional affect of this thread influence his membership decision. I am against exposure as much as everyone else, but I didn't write the By-Laws, nor do I have the power to change them. My responsibility is to follow them.

The IBM is in the process of reviewing the By-Laws and revising same. If a member believes that a change in the By-Laws is needed, he is encouraged to actually read them as they exist now [they are on the website] and suggest changes to the By-Law Committee. In other words, members are encouraged to get involved, not only in this issue, but in all IBM matters. Be proactive and not reactive. It will make us a better organization.

William E. Evans
Chairman, Grievance Committee
International Brotherhood of Magicians
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Bill,
The delays at IBM made it look to us like things weren't quite right in regards to the join date vs. the date of the complaint. Thank you for clarifying this. If nothing else, we now know what's involved in filing a complaint if it happens in the future.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Mr.Ssucahyo, If that's your real name and I don't think it is. Do all the members here know how you let me down by taking a large sum of money and then sending only half the goods promised. Do they have an ibm ring for that ???. Id love to present them with the facts. I think the masked guy is a little better than you in that way. You had received roughly $850 via wire transfer for a magic table which has electronics inside it to achieve a said effect. You promised me you will make this table and send it to me and only sent the table with no electronic items though I had paid for them. I had made official complaints to the EMS post dept etc and have been emailing you since then and you have not bothered to email me back but for some short one line messages like "ill check",,,, "im not available now etc" "im extremely busy" for weeks now. You were so available till you took my money, emailing every half hour and giving us info about the product. Then the minute you got the funds you just didn't mail back. Except for that youve packed it and sent it. I personally think you are several shades lower than the guy your trying to debase here. Yes hes bad too. But what about you. You are dodging us for several days. Reading all our mails and just ignoring to reply. When we called your tel no you cleverly avoid by not picking up. If any members here have this ssucahyos tel no please give it to me.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Plainman, this isn't the place to do this...you should contact IBM offices if you feel someone is violating the code of ethics.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
No this really happened 2 weeks or so back. And hes here trying to tell us about someone else while I'm trying to get a hold of him. Do you have this ssucahyos number ? Terry Ive seen so many members reporting here of the problems they've had with dealers. Why are we a magic community otherwise. Well if you meant this is not the thread to do this on, well , my apologies. I will post a new thread in my efforts to trace this person. But what can the IBM do because someone ripped me off. At least members here will be aware not to fall prey to such methods.
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
If he is a member, by bringing possible charges against him may make him deal with you differently.

as far as forum, this is for ring and IBM buisness and announcements, there's probably a better place to list your concern here on the Café...that's all I was trying to say.

I hope you get it worked out.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Terry,

I couldn't get our money back. Even another user here MAKEUPGUY lost $10,000 to this ssucahyo guy. He just took the money and didn't send the goods. I wante other members to not fall trap to this guys moves. He usually solicits business here using the forum as his mktg platform. He will always jump into some thread then PM members who are discussing a particular effect offering to build that idea for them for a sum. Then he takes your money and never sends anything or just some wrong rubbish to make it look like he sent it. If you search his threads recently you can see that hes been posting answers on other threads etc. But he just drops out of threads wherever weve posted about his swindles. He ignores that thread totally but continues to lurk the forum, probably taking down more victims. Can I have the IBM email id to whom I can forward a complaint with evidence and facts please ?