The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Flavors from the past... :: Kent Richards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Sort of morbid curiosity but I found an obituary (while going through old issues of Tops) for Kent Richards. What was strange about the obit was that he was killed in some sort of altercation in the Virgin Islands in the seventies. Also according to the obit he was one of the most promising magicians in the US, performing in front of President Lyndon Johnson. I googled the name with no results and I searched for it here, again no results. I have seen far too many magician obits and most are natural causes, this one is not. I sure would love to know what the altercation was that killed a magician in the Virgin Island 30 or so years ago.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Damon
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Damon
He was murdred in St Thomas.

I will send you (PM) an interesting article about it that was in the November, 1973 issue of Genii, page 469.

Regards, Mark
Damon
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Damon
Sorry - my above post should have read murdered.

If someone at the Café' could correct the error and delete this, it would be appreciated. I missed the edit time limit.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Thanks again, the article opened others doors that we can search. I'll let you know what we find.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic