The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: "Session" is finally here! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Any word on whether or not the pre-orders have shipped from Josh yet?
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Darn it! Here's hoping I can start reading this soon once my preorder comes in.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I get back home tommorrow and I was kinda hoping to sit down with a nice cup of chocolate(OR WHISKY) and read this. Sounds like I might have to wait a bit longer.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have heard josh still hasn't received the 547 booklets yet, as soon as he receives those they will be shipped
Joshua Jay
View Profile
V.I.P.
196 Posts

Profile of Joshua Jay
That's right. Still waiting on one last box of 547s. Half of them came on Friday, and were shipped out same day, in the order I recieved them in. And, when the others arrive, the rest will be filled in a same-day turnaround.

It's been very hectic, as you can imagine. Also, for international, I took a big hit. First I didn't charge for international shipping. Then I offered 8 dollars. Turns out, shipping to the UK (for example) is 16 dollars. So...it has been a learning curve (but I'm happy to honor the shipping I charged for pre-orders).

On one hand, Joel and I are extremely flattered by this unexpected buzz and restlessness for the book. On the other hand, we hope you'll show a bit of understanding and patience, as all these delays were out of our hands. We're as eager to get them out as you are to reieve them. Thanks everyone for all your support!

Josh
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Josh,

Thanks so much for keeping us informed! As far as you getting the 547s late and thus the books sent out later than planned, we understand it was all out of your hands...you are at home waiting for them just as much as we are. Again, thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

It is this kind of "customer service" and personality that make it easy to deal with unexpected things when they don't go quite the way you want them.

Looking forward to the book...

Narlo
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Good to hear Josh. Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Smile
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Agreed -- thanks for the update. It is, of course, pointless to be obsessive-compulsive about waiting for things like this, but the whole pre-order thing serves to whip up the anticipation. Anyway, appreciate the status report.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
I got my copy Friday direct from joelgiv@aol.com

It and FIVE FORTY SEVEN are beautiful, as everyone else has noted. Josh, Ben, and Stephen did a great job! These books are unique.

Had a busy weekend but will be reviewing a couple of tricks soon (I'm especially interested in "Ninja Coin" and "The Human Slot Machine") over at "Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes" at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......10&5

Waiting to hear what RevJohn, Tyler, and Robert McDaniel think about the books.
;-)

Steve