The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Some good impromptu follow up effects... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
noxas
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
121 Posts

Profile of noxas
Ok, I recently bought Northbound (its great!)... and I was wondering if you guys could recommend some good 'finger ring and string/rope' routines... 'ring leader' looks good, but is it impromptu?... are there any others you could recommend?.
thanks Smile
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Ring Leader is impromptu. The Relentless Ring and String Routine by Bob Miller is quite good.

The routine I do is called "Wedding Ring Redux" which has four sequences and is told in story form in verse. I do that all the time. You can read about it and see it performed in my new hardcover book/DVD called Kingdom of the Red. It should be available before Aug. 31.

(A rope was used in the photo for clarity but the effect is normally done with a velvet cord)
daniel_lachman
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of daniel_lachman
Greg Wilson's "On the Spot DVD" has a cool ring trick with the spectator's ring. You put the ring on your middle finger and quickly make it jumpt to your index finger and then back. It's totally impromtu, and looks great if done right. (It's not hard at all, you just have to practice making everything look natural)
swingjunkie
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of swingjunkie
Actually I don't believe that trick has ever fooled anyone over the age of 8 because it's taught everywhere (though I may have just learned it at a young age). However, the routine on the whole, with throwing the ring and everything, is a very funny side bit of buisness.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Dantheman and swingjunkie: You guys might both want to look into The Ring Thing by Garrett Thomas if you don't believe that fools anyone over the age of 8. Garrett brings a new light to this concept, as well as the first phase of his routine which is one of the best impromptu effects of all time.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Dan Fleshman's DVD or lecture notes are a great resource.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.