The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Smoothing sides of business card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
chris_johnson_au
View Profile
Regular user
Queensland, Australia
113 Posts

Profile of chris_johnson_au
I came across the old topic of rough and smooth for business cards and have another question, based upon it.

I have the opposite problem of trying to do a good glide with my current business cards. When I finally use up my current supply (give me about 3 more months), I'll try different stock.

However for now I want to work with what I already have.

My current cards are smooth on the front, rough on the back (they don't have that glossy surface on the back).

Is there a way that anybody knows that will smooth the backs so a nice glide is possible?

All the best,

Chris
Chris Johnson
0433 181 675
www.thementalist.com.au
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
You can spray the backs with a clear finish. Deft is popular here in the states, not sure what you have down under. It would probably require 2 or 3 light coats and a light sanding with 300 grit sandpaper - not sure if that is more work than you have in mind.
chris_johnson_au
View Profile
Regular user
Queensland, Australia
113 Posts

Profile of chris_johnson_au
Thanks Bill.

It possibly is more work than I had in mind... although I did entertain the possibility for a moment there.
Chris Johnson
0433 181 675
www.thementalist.com.au
Dan Paulus
View Profile
Veteran user
Utah is isolated from the real world by
343 Posts

Profile of Dan Paulus
How about gluing a plain paper card to the back side of the one you wish to slide?
Possibly, depending on your needs and the trick you are doing, you'd place a plain card, not glued, behind the card you wish to remove as well.
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness. - Aristotle
Aristotle

www.danscomedymagic.com
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Buff 'em down with extremely fine wet/dry sandpaper - available from any auto paint store.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld