The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Recomendations needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
I am wondering if anyone on the Café knows of good instructional DVD's for under $25. I am looking for something that is higher quality than the ones from royal.
P3
practice practice perform.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Give some more info... what subject? ... I am thinking the Worlds Greatest Magic Series by L & L
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Ted that is a wide open question, before I and others here could make some recommendations we need to know more about you...what skill level are you at, whats your interest, cards, coins, stage, close up, mentalism, kid show...a lot of different areas..
But in general there are a lot of USED dvds available under 25.00
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1951 Posts

Profile of ted french
I am looking for dvds that would be good for a beginer not for myself but for others who are just getting into magic. I would like to recommend something to a few local guys but I am unsure of what to recommend. I am looking for all types of instructional videos.
P3
practice practice perform.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
See Mr. Majestics answer.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
The "Stars of Magic" series is great. They're $20 each. You can get most of Paul Harris' best material on two DVDs. Also, you should check out Magic Warehouse. They have a used DVD section. Most are under $25.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
The stars of magic set is great, although not really for beginners.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1882 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
If you insist on getting dvd´s instead of books how about looking for some older dvd´s? I mean those that came out allready over 2 years ago. Usually they seem to be solf cheaper and have some discount bargains. There is some wonderfull material avaible on some older dvd´s and most of em are even better than anything that has come out recently.