The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Ammar's "Loops" DVD (ETMTM - Vol. 1) - Good or Bad?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1271 Posts

Profile of Salby
Now that I am getting more into the whole Loops realm of magic, I am looking at different sources of material and tips. Besides, the new Guerilla Guide To Loops DVD Set, the Unseen Forces DVD and the Animated Miracles Book, there is also Michael Ammar's Easy To Master Thread Miracles (Volume 1):

---------------------

mjmmagic.com

Volume One Contains:

Section One – Introducing Elastic Thread

Section Two – Accessing the Threads

Section Three – Magic With Invisible Elastic

* Tahoe Tessie and the Magic Postcard
* The Rising Business Card
* Whirling Business Card
* Dan Harlan’s Financial Attraction
* Ammar’s Portable, Permanent Wallet Hookup

Section Four – Finn Jon’s Elastic Loops

* Phenomenon Fork
* Finn Jon’s Bill That Falls Up
* The Floating Bill
* Electrostatic Straw
* Things That Affect Thread Visibility

Section Five – Visible but Hidden Threads

* Stefan Schuster’s Self-Folding Bill with Kicker, featuring Ammar’s Self-Contained Wallet Hookup
* Acrobatic Matchbox

Section Six – The Traditional Reel

* Knot Absolutely Instant
* Knot Automatically Undone
* Clearly Penetrated Mike Stand

Section Seven – James George Interview

* Comparing Every Available I. T. R.
* Care and Management

---------------------

I am a huge fan of Ammar's but new at thread magic in general. I am more interested in Loops' Effects. I do not have this Ammar's DVD, which includes a section on loops... But would consider getting it if people recommend it.

What are people's opinion on this DVD when pertaining it to a new user of loops?? How about the other non-loops material also found on this DVD??? Good or not???
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
reuvanes
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of reuvanes
Michael Ammar is top notch. He leaves no stone unturned in his explanations as well as exploration into the world of "thread"; having said that, however, I would also tell you that if your intention is specifically loop work, this is not a must. If you wish to learn about all of your thread options then this whole series is for you.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
981 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I agree with reuvanes on this. The info on loops is minimal on the dvd but there is a lot of information on threads in the usual Michael Ammar style. Very informative.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia