The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Performance ideas for Ball and Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Profile of Angelo the Magician
Hello,

many of you recommend this trick.
The idea seems simple and I remember that about 20 years ago in Austria TV it was performed as a riddle, where spectators should write post-cards with the solution - and many of them solved it.
But on the other hand I read that I read in this forum that there are magicians who made an act out of it which is similiar to an FISM-act.

Okay we all know - performance is all!

So I ask you to give me please some ideas to perform it, handling and patter - ideas, please. Not for children, not for old or tired people - but for critical, intelligent persons, who liked to be entertained, but who also want to detect the method.

Thank you!

Angelo
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Scienfific - if it is a silver ball and brass tube. Metals expand and contract at different rates.
Hypnotic - make them believe they are 'seeing' something
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
If you own two sets...thereby having two balls to work with instead of just one...you can expand on your moves and create a longer lasting routine. For example, you could do a one in hand and two in pocket type of effect with just the two balls and tube. If you have two balls, you have two tubes as well. You could prep it so, in the end, you could pass the "tube" out for examination and it is found to be solid so that nothing could possibly pass into or through it. Methods can't be revealed here, but you probably get my drift.
Nicholas
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Get Docc Hilfords book on the ball and tube...It explains a way to put people in a trance with it. Very cool book!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2007-05-25 12:11, meyegr wrote:
Scienfific - if it is a silver ball and brass tube. Metals expand and contract at different rates.
Hypnotic - make them believe they are 'seeing' something

Thuferin Thuckitash - I think I said Scienfific Smile
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you everybody! And a special "thank you" to meyegr for the scientific idea, because it fits - and we know this is very improtant - yes, it fits to my personality. Why do you know that, you are a real magician!!

Angelo
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Not "important" but "improtant" - it seems to be the correct answer to "Scienfific" Smile (excuse me, it was a mistake because of fast writing)
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Walter Gibson wrote a little book of tricks for the Ball and Tube; it includes a number of presentations.
Angelo the Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Vienna(Austria/Europe)
217 Posts

Thank you, but beside the idea of performance (e.g. scientific) does anybody have the experience, if it is better to show the effect only once or depending to the patter to perform it twice (I fear the second time will help to analyze the secret)?

Does a videoclip exist?

Best regards!

Angelo