The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Coloring Book - Anyone with a pattern? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kevlar the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
LI New York
10 Posts

Profile of Kevlar the Magnificent
I'm thinking of making one up for a gag during a presentation at work. I thought I'd ask here before I pull my standard coloring book apart to try and get the proper measurements.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kevlar the Magnificent!
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Well, since coloring books, stamp albums, etc have been made in so many different sizes, the only critical dimension would seem to be: how much shorter are the short pages than the long ones. I looked at a couple of different coloring books I have and even that varies. Anything in the range of 1/16" to 1/8" should work just fine.

Now, if you want to make a book with more than one change, there are different ways to do that. You say that you have a "standard" coloring book. I think you can get the measurements from it easily without having to take it apart.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I created a series of five-way coloring books for a Coca-Cola Story Traveler tour several years ago. It wasn't difficult, but it did require some careful tweaking of the measurements to get it exactly right. A local printer trimmed the pages. To ensure that they were all alike, I built three wooden "templates" to align the pages properly for cutting.

Please PM or e-mail me and tell me what you are trying to do, and I might be able to help.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Just a hint, I made a custom bookand used 90g paper, assuming all would be fine. I had to remake it using 120g paper as the ink showed through. If you use an inkjet printer, use the thicker paper.

Mark
Mark Daniel
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, it is important to use thicker paper. Besides the ink showing through, leafing the pages is also another consideration you have to look into.