The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Interlace fell apart? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
This is a really great trick; I've used mine with great success. I haven't experienced anything with fraying. If you watched the DVD and put the special something together correctly, you shouldn't have any problems. I have to say that Mr. Sanders did an excellent job with the production of this item and the DVD, not only does he go into great detail about the gimmicks but also provided many performance tips and provided many routines to go along with this trick.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Which UHU glue? Anyone?
cviolette
View Profile
New user
Washington
73 Posts

Profile of cviolette
You could try this web site for the glue,

http://www.saunders-usa.com/uhu/?brand=93&model=241
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Thanks, but I've been to that web site. They have many glues and not sure which one is the correct glue.
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Not a moment has gone by that I have not been completely impressed with Richard Sander's routine "Interlace". Its perhaps one of the best investments I have made in the last couple of years without question. The complete package of what you get, does not get any more professional. Yes, I did have a slight problem with the gimmicked shoe lace, but the above excellent customer service Mr. Sanders provides is simply the best there is. He addressed the defective lace, and without asking, provided an exchange at no additional charge. I'm so impressed with "Interlace", I ordered 2 more pant gimmicks and 2 additional sets of laces. Mr. Sanders filled my order within hours and then emailed me with a status of when it shipped. He addressed another question pertaining to the particular glue used on the lace and provided me a web link to the exact glue used. If those who service the magic community could take lessons from Mr. Sanders, we would all be much happier. And no, I have no professional relationship with Mr. Sanders. He's just a very good person.

Close-up
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
The problem with the black gimmick fraying is a problem that is real. Mentioning it, is In no way a put down to Richard Sanders' professionalism nor to the explosive impact of this great piece of magic.
That being said.....if I may add to the UHU suggestion.....
Before applying the UHU glue, cut a small piece of the platistic stem of a Q-tip and paint it flat black. Make sure the tips are painted as well. After it drys put it in the center of the frayed area and push it far enough in till the material of the lace just covers the end of the q-tip. Now glue it. This method allows the tip of the gimmick to maintain it's shape similar to the white gimmick.
PS- I also coat the tip of the q-tip with UHU before inserting. It makes the insertion easier.
Hope this helps those with a fraying problem.
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
110 Posts

Profile of Paris
I just want to comment on recent interaction with Richard Sanders. I had told him of a problem that I had with the gimmick. Richard replied and could not have been more helpful. He is a man of his word. Not only is he a creative and a talented mind in magic. But he really is concerned regarding customer service. Thanks, Richard....
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Paris, I couldn't agree with you more. Just a Great guy.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey everyone,
I don't understand why guys are on here knocking this trick. I posted the comment because my gimmick did fall apart after about 2 months of use. I used this thing about 10-15 times a gig, including my restaurant and at least one or two private gigs on the weekends. It's a GREAT trick and well worth the money. I just wanted to know how to get it replaced so I could continue using it, I didn't want to start any kind of controversy.
Bry
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Quote:
On 2007-06-03 19:35, twistedace wrote:
Hey everyone,
I don't understand why guys are on here knocking this trick. I posted the comment because my gimmick did fall apart after about 2 months of use. I used this thing about 10-15 times a gig, including my restaurant and at least one or two private gigs on the weekends. It's a GREAT trick and well worth the money. I just wanted to know how to get it replaced so I could continue using it, I didn't want to start any kind of controversy.
Bry

Bry,

I've read this thread three times and except for maybe one post, no one has knocked this creative piece of magic nor the professionalism of Richard Sanders. They are merely commenting on a problem they are having with the construction of one of the gimmicks...You having posted this "problem", has opened the door for others to voice their similar concerns as well as offer constructive advice as how to avoid or reduce the frequency of this problem. I call that progress, not controversy.
Michaels
Albert Einstein
antonio2030
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of antonio2030
I was looking to purchase this product, but now I have to admit I'm a little worried about the time this product would last, anyway, it seems to be a nice effect with this little defect, so I think I'm gonna purchase it anyway and take some precautions, like dipping this thing (that I don´t know what are you talking about yet) in UHU glue.

By the way, just for you to know (Since I see some of you are not familiar with this adhesive), UHU is a clear glue used mostly for crafts, comes in a tube and the package is yellow with black. maybe you could identify it better with this.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Antonio,
You can't go wrong with this effect. It takes a lot for me to add a piece of commercial magic to my show...And this "masterpiece" has blown everyone away. When you do purchase this, prophylactically prepare the gimmick so the fraying doesn't occur.
Michaels
Albert Einstein
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Love the effect and you will too. But did anyone ever come up with which UHU glue to use for repairs?
Magic Mike
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Yes. UHU All-Purpose Twist & Glue #21150. Here is a link
http://www.saunders-usa.com/uhu/?brand=93
viris
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of viris
I went to http://www.sandersfx.com/ from there I told him my problem. He asked me to verify the piece, which I did, I had a new one in 3 days. No problems A1 to work with. BTW one of my favorite tricks. I can't take me pants off lol.