The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Build Build Build!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I used to do a lot of model building until I took drafting and learned to apply it to 3D Software.

Aaron, I would recommend getting a blog site to post these updates on. This way you can continue to add to it and post on the Café when an update has been made.

Cheers!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hey guys,

A few months back I was Letting everybody know about Aaron and his AMAZING work.

I hope Aaron doesn't mind me letting you in on the fact that he is currently filming a HOW TO BUILD ILLUSION BASES DVD. After being privy to his work for a while now I can't express the excitement I have for this project.

As you can see from all his pics, Aaron has the knowledge and skill to build just about any illusion.Imagine Aaron being your personal Illusion building teacher - that's the aim of the dvd!

I hope you guys will join me as I nag Aaron to finish that dvd so we can all get one step closer to building our dream illusions..

Yours
Mac
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Wow, Arron! The thread reminds all of use that creating a piece of work on this order is not something that you are just going to grab some tools and materials from the local lumber yard. Go home with a set of plans and build away.

I like that you took photos of your miniatures. this is an important step that even top designers sometimes skip.

I have learned that even with 3D software, I'm a little old school and like my models first.
Great job
Mike
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Now this is my type of thread ,some of the things I enjoy doing ,looks like some good hard work put into those projects you guys
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Aaron... any tips on cutting aluminum or angled aluminum? I seem to need more work on this... I can't get the "perfect" corners I would like to... Any advice?

-Bryan
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
Thanks Michael, Chris, Macgyver and Engine Magic for those words.

I deeply appreciate that.

But for now I am terrible busy with projects and fliming of the dvds of 'illusion base' DVD... I am currently working on Subtrunk and base.

I will take some pictures of them real soon and post them in here and share with you guys.

Sorry for all the wait and please be patient.

Thanks again for everything.

For Bryan,

There are lots of ways cutting aluminium. Examples are mitre saw, laser cut, power hand circular saw and etc...

I will be working with aluminium next week for the legs of the base that I am building currently. Perhaps I can take some photos and show some tips how to get a good corner join..

What other advise are you looking at....If you can't wait till my pictures. PM me and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers Guys.

Till now I must get back to my work.

Regards
Aaron Chee.
Ace Illusions

Email: info@aceillusions.com
Mobile: +65 81836672, Facsimile: +65 62530656
www.AceIllusions.com
Bob Clayton
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Bob Clayton
I like the asymmetrical angular design of your illusion. It remind me of the set design of the 1919 German expressionist film “The Cabinet of Dr Caligari.”
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Really looking forward to the bases dvd. this sounds very interesting
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Tank´s Aaron to share with us your work!

Paulo
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
Hey guys,

Its been sometime that I had not been in here to keep you guys update. Pretty busy, nowadays.

Here are some other project that is on going....Currently building subtrunk, deceptive base and Death of Spike illusion.

We are low in material and we manage to stock up our material.

Its Marking Time.

-ve Frame Slots for Subtrunk which enables easy break down into two parts.

The +ve slot for nesting.

Lower section of Subtrunk.

For now here are the pictures for you guys to enjoy...more photos upcoming..

Take Care guys.

Regards
Aaron Chee.
Ace Illusions

www.AceIllusions.com
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
A quick update of photos...

Close up look of nesting top and lower portion..

Another View of nesting.

Nest in Position without side panels.

Top Section with Side Panel

Nesting with full panels

Full Box view - Complete Nested
Ace Illusions

www.AceIllusions.com
Aaron Chee
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Aaron Chee
Hi Guys,

Its been some times I had keep this post going..

Well I was pretty busy with lots of stuff. Sorry and sad to say that I can't update here anymore of my works as I got other stuff to attend.

Therefore, if you guys are intersted to see other works of mine you can go to
http://www.AceIllusions.com.

Cheers
Aaron Chee.
Ace Illusions

www.AceIllusions.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Aaron, you have great workmanship. With that kind of quality many people would be interested in your products.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Now that I start to build myself, I realize how much craftmanship it needs . . well done
Cards never lie
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 05:28, Andy the cardician wrote:
Now that I start to build myself, I realize how much craftmanship it needs . . well done

I agree with you, Andy. This is where Aaron's work are only appreciated by craftmmen and illusion builders. There are many things in Aaron's work that we can pick up details we could use for our own work.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Great stuff...looking forward to seeing more from you!

-Aaron