The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Any idea (unique) to handle vanishing cane (fantasio)? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Liyao
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Liyao
Any special idea to handle the fantasio vanishing cane....

Please post here and your idea and contribution will be deeply appreciated here.

Thanks.

Liyao
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

You can check out the Fantasio "My Canes and Candles" book... has some good stuff...

I dance the cane, turn the cane into a candle, then candle into silk as part of a routine...

When I appear on stage, I start walking forward with cane in hand, then "stumble", cane flies out of my hand, but instead of falling, "runs" away from me, I chase it and grab it, it turns into candle... etc ...

Think about your act as a whole and how a cane item could fit into it... how do you dress? Formal and the cane fits... goes well with the formal hat too- like a bowler or top hat, which can also be used in the act... getting ideas???
Smile
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
What I do, is load it up with some silk and when I'm about to do the vanish, I spin around back towards the audience and vanish it while turning back to them. Some reason I found this personally more entertaining to perform than just doing it in front of the person.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....