The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: What is this cut? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well I'll try and explain this as best I can. The best way to describe it in one sentence is that it is like a reverse charlie triple.

1) You are holding the deck, not in mechanics grip, but a bit further out so it is more over the fingers. (the deck is in my left hand)

2) You reach over with your thumb to the outside edge and levers up about 1/3 of the deck. got a kind of PacMan thing going at this point.

3) Your index finger curls under and levers up the bottom packet, or bottom 2/3s, past the top packet. The top packet, or original top 1/3, falls down into the hand.

4) You now let about half of the 2/3 packet, now held up by the thumb, fall on top of the top 1/3 packet that just fell.

5) You are now holding about 1/3 of the deck with your thumb, so your index finger again curls under the 2/3 in your hand and hinges that up past the packet braced by your thumb, and let it all fall down into the hand.

Did I explain that alright? Any idea? I came up with that after seeing, what I thought was the director, of a movie with Stallone called "Shade". I saw him just doing a single cut like the one described in "2)" I would like to know what that is called as well.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Not sure, to some degree sounds like that cut thing that Harry Lorayne does in a lot of his videos. Not sure of the name, send the discription to Harry and ask if is his cut, he probably knows the name.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well This is what the cut looks like Any idea what it is?

See you space cowboy...
Hawk-Eye
View Profile
Loyal user
G'day from Australia
203 Posts

Profile of Hawk-Eye
It's basically just a standard thumb cut, with a charler going on at the same time. I'm not sure if it has a real name, or is just a "nameless" variation / combination of the two moves.

Either way, looks cool.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Ha, I never looked at it like that lol.

See you space cowboy...