The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: I need "something" to hold 2 cards together, stronger than the roughing spray, but.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
I need "something" to hold 2 cards together, stronger than the roughing fluid, but not as stronger as the non permanent glue.
Any ideas?
Sam Pearce
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Sam Pearce
May I ask what your doing this for? It may help us find a solution easier.

Sam Pearce
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
A few spots of magicians wax. It's been used for this exact purpose for decades, maybe even centuries.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Double sided tape?, touching the tape with your finger make it less sticky...
pablo
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
Try 3M Spray Mount Artist's Adhesive. You can find it at most art stores. It's stronger than roughing fluid, but is not permanent like most glues. It holds two cards together strong enough to toss them in the air as one.

Lynetta
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 17:06, samp321 wrote:
May I ask what your doing this for? It may help us find a solution easier.

Sam Pearce

I need to handle 2 cards(as 1) and place them on a table, and then separate them very smoothly
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 17:07, Thomas Wayne wrote:
A few spots of magicians wax. It's been used for this exact purpose for decades, maybe even centuries.

TW

thank you , I will try, but I am afraid that the wax become dirty after I use it many times.
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
For that purpose wax is the way to go. I use bees wax. Just rub a bit on two diagonal corners then press the cards together. They will stay together until you add a little presure on one of the corners. This is the method I use for my invisible deck and it works great.

Thanks,
Richard

BTW: Bees wax won't stain the paper, so when it gets dirty, just scrape it off and apply a new bit.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 17:49, Lynetta wrote:
Try 3M Spray Mount Artist's Adhesive. You can find it at most art stores. It's stronger than roughing fluid, but is not permanent like most glues. It holds two cards together strong enough to toss them in the air as one.

Lynetta

thank you, the one you are talking about is the REMOUNT ,( the mount artist adhesive is soft and the beggining, but after a while becomes permanent(it is used when you want to fix something , but you have to adjust the exactly position )), anyway,i used many times the remount, and is the one which works closest to my needs, but I am trying to find out is there is any other posibilitie.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Thank you very much rtgree, wgere can I get that wax? why is that one differents to others?do you know if it works with non laminated papers?
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I know candle making stores carry it, but I buy mine at a local health food store.

Thanks,
Richard]
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You can also get it from woodworking supply stores like Woodcraft.

http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=750
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hi, can you explain a little more about what is the bee wax used for? I mean is for wood? how do you use it? is it for candles? I am asking these because I have to find here a similar product.
thanks
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Beeswax is the wax manufactured by bees. They use it for another purpose entirely, and are usually willing to fight to keep it. Humans are able to steal it, because they are bigger than bees and they fight unfairly. Humans use beeswax to make some types of candles, and in woodworking for a few different purposes, among them, lubricating drawer glides, so they operate more smoothly. Magicians buy small quantities for huge sums of money, the product that the humans have stolen from the bees, and use it in very, very tiny amounts for a number of purposes, among them, as an adhesive to stick two cards together, but with the ability to separate easily, as desired.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Richard,

I've always had problems with handling rough-and-smooth ID. Thanks for the great idea!

Bill