The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pasteboard Frolics :: Packets control (Cards slipping) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Hey there,

I'm seeing people do insane packet tosses and aerials where the cards land squarely in the hand.
I am watching Xtreme Begginers to learn some basic tosses but I have Xtreme difficulty to keep cards from flying everywhere.
If anyone have a magic recipe to keep the cards squared and in order, please share with us.
Meanwhile, I taped 2 half of a deck to practice the physics of throwing a packet... we'll see if it helps or hinders.
jalal12321
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of jalal12321
Hmm, as always it takes a lot or practice. Be sure to use a broken in deck rather than a new one and it will be a lot easier.
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
Could old, sticky cards help better to practice those particular moves? (No fans of course)
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Yes it could! I find it a lot more easy to do aerials when the cards are a little bit sticky (used at least). Other than that I think its just to practice like an idiot. that's often the thing! GLHF!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Louis.P.M., are you powdering your cards?

Gruss,
Jeff
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
218 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
I used to, but not much nowadays
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Well, while there is no "magic recipe", you should try practicing with a heavily powdered deck to see if it helps.

I have mixed feelings about powder, myself. But I do this: I powder all my Tally Ho fan backs, and nothing else. So it's very easy to switch back and forth from powdered to unpowdered for practicing or just comparing the pros and cons of powder.

Give it a try.

Jeff