The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Friday the 13th... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Friday the 13th.

Anybody had any strange happenings today ??
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yep, for some reason I tried to the Bermuda Triangle 13 trick for a bunch of youth today and botched it grandly - arghh... I should have known better - I was cosmically k-o'd
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Yes, I went to see Sooty.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
It has been an extraordinarily mundane sort of day, devoid of any creepiness that would inspire one towards triskaidekaphobia. Of course, that may change for others -- as I'll be going out tonight, taking my odd little straw doll, weirdly coloured hankerchief, and brief story about visitors from the other side...

Leland
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
*shudder* I had to do homework all day today!!! Which is certainly a break from the norm, hehe...
Harlequin
View Profile
Special user
Melbourne, Australia
686 Posts

Profile of Harlequin
I took the wife into hospital, cause we thought our second child was coming! Although they were labor pains she was having, the baby was not positioned correctly to be able to get him out though. It would have been very cool to have a child born on Friday the 13th, but he could have been very unlucky!

On a side note, I discovered that doctors don't like to be told things such as, "I can sense the spirits of your dead patients on you!"
Also doctors don't like it when you do PK effects around expensive, electrical hospital equipment. Smile
spidey_ak
View Profile
Regular user
Alaska
120 Posts

Profile of spidey_ak
Harlequin, According to Celtic societies, 13 was a lucky number. I seem to remember this as a true statement for many different cultures...

I would have LOVED to have had a child on the 13th of Friday. Now MONDAY the 13th, that's about as nightmarish & hellish as you can get!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
Yep my son was born a year too late. He was born on the 13th (as was his mother) but it was a Saturday (Wed for her). Oh well, they both consider Friday the 13th as their luckiest day anyway.

Dave
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4713 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I examined dead bodies yesterday.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
leaycraft
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of leaycraft
Did an autopsy.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." A. Conan Doyle," The Sign of Four"
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
My daughter's first birthday was on Good Friday 13th, her 7th was yesterday. I am with the 13 is lucky brigade!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
HOORAY!!!!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Exactly!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Corona, did you know that the US has more grey elephants than Denmark did 10 years ago?

inner being worker
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
I ama frayed knot.

Have they slackened the immigration laws?
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
While Corona and I sort out thickskinned elephantoms and elefacts, all good thoughts are with Harlequin and his family!

inner being worker
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
Yep my son was born a year too late. He was born on the 13th (as was his mother) but it was a Saturday (Wed for her). Oh well, they both consider Friday the 13th as their luckiest day anyway.

Ptbeast, even though they were not born on a Friday, their birthday anniversaries have probably fallen on a Friday! So at least there's hope!

Quote:
Anybody had any strange happenings today ??

You mean something other than miraculously surviving another day here on Earth with absolutely nothing exciting going on??? No! Smile

Hey! I just realized that I'm one post away from being considered a "Veteran User"!!! Hooray! Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Lessee, the 13th is usually lucky for Sylver and I, but this year....I dunno. Just a few oddish unlucky things happened. Sylvers Car being hit in a parking lot while she was at work. Some problems with Debit cards working despite having $ in the account.
One positive thing though.
We adopted a new Gecko from the pet store.
Apparantly this little lepoard gecko escaped from it's cage into the store three months ago. It had been living off of escaped crickets and other bugs it could find running around the store. It was found last week Badly dehydrated and wounded from it's adventures, gone completely feral and biting at people. As it had been missing for months, it was taken off the books, and could not be sold. So they put it up for adoption.
It is about 5 inches long, and has none of the regular leopard gecko markings, just a peacock blue mask accross the top of its eyes.
It's front right foot is missing all of the toes except for the pinkie and the thumb.
And it hasn't tried to bite Sylver or myself once.
So...It was a pretty lucky day for an unlucky lizard. It kinda feels like we were supposed to find him on that day. We were just going out to buy some food for the mice, birds and scorpion, and there he was. This viscious little lizard that noone wanted.
He likes us.
Gwyd