The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: DIY Cane to Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I saw a little camera tripod at a yard sale for $1, and picked it up thinking I could make a cane to table out of it. After some trial and error, I came up with one that is working out great! I used a 2 piece pool cue and cut it to size. The wider end slides into the tripod and is secured with a thumbscrew. The narrow end is fitted with a threading that screws into a table flange which I attached to my little close up case. The pool cue pieces unscrew and actually fit inside the close up case along with all of my magic props, so I can fit everything into this little case. It's perfect for a 20-30 minute show at a lunch engagement where I'm asked to give a little show and speak after the meal. If anyone knows how to post pictures on this site, let me know and I'll try to show everyone how it turned out. The pool cue I picked up at WalMart for $9, the table flange at Lowe's for $3, and the close up case is a Texas Hold-em case I got at walMart for $10. Add the tripod for $1 and some black spray paint, and I have a very nice table for less than $25! The hardest part is finding the little tripod on sale somewhere, I don't think they're available in stores anymore but I do see them on ebay and at flea markets every now and then. I have two, and made one for my close-up table, and the other one to attach to a top hat.