The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The book of all answers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I was thinking of developing a routine with the book of all answers. This is some sort of Oracle that you can buy in esoteric shops.

The subjects that crossed my minds where:

- Svengali pages
- Page force
- a routine where not only the book reveals some sort of answer but also objects spectators thought off(could be printed on some of the empty pages??)

There must be more to this. Does anybody have ideas or methods in print that I can buy?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
The "Book of All Answers" sounds like a cool concept, anyway. You can wrap some really interesting stories around it, I think.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Yea I'm seriously thinking of it because I do routines with a Ouija board, Astrology and pendulums/Tarot cards etc. THis sounds like something you can make a cool routine off. Im just thinking of what it must be, with the book of all answers as a medium:)
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Print your own book. It is not as difficult as it sounds. Clip art can help with the illustrations - maybe some scanned pages from Dovers books. For the pages use a antique looking font; I bought mine from software gallery: http://www.dtp-ag.com Maybe this book could be developed here in the magic Café; a Svengali book has a lot of of identical pages......
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
It could also be used as answers to cold reading because the answers always fit 1 way or another
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Yes we could try to make with members here on the Café some sort of gimmicked book of all answers. If anyone has interest please feel free to PM or something.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Mich,
Your post made think of a book in the Potter books where writing appears on blank pages when a question is asked.

First thought was a old, tattered book using the Coloring Book principle but the answers would have to be non-specific sort of like in the Magic 8 Ball.

Interesting.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Yea the problem is though that I cant show first blank papers then written papers. It would be more magical if only 1 page printed.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I like the sound of your concept very much. As others have said, ther is a wealth of potential. Seems like something you should make real.
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
The answer could also be in a form of poem or songs... maybe a riddle or puzzle...
and was resolve in the latter part of the effect
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4713 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Many years ago, I came up with a book test called "Spiritbound" that allowed the performer have the book answer ANY question a spectator/querent came up with.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Did it use a book of al answers oracle philemon?

regards
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
I really like the idea book answering questions....it has got me thinking.....
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Yes. When it comes to paranormal routines, oracles etc I'm a creative thinker. I have many more routines in this trant but I'm a wreck with writing books etc Smile
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
You could use the Svengali principle coupled with the concept that people ask questions about 7 basic subjects.
Take one of those concepts (Say, for example, Love) and have half the answers in the book generic answers about love.
That way, they could flip through the book while looking at the pages (as opposed to having them close their eyes while they flip through, so that they wont see one page flipping past them repeated over and over)
You could also have two answers (Love and health for an example) on facing pages hidden by the same Svengali princile.
Have them tell you the subject of their question, if it's not Love or health, you have to have a alternate concept for the other questions printed on the non Svengali pages.
But if they pick one of your two force questions, they can flip through the book and stop where they like and have their question answered by telling them to look on the right hand page or left hand page.
By riffling the side away from the binding gives you two possiblities, but if you can get them to flip from the top or bottom you could have two or four more possible forces.
You could use the coloring book idea and have the top third, the middle third and the bottom third cut for this sane effect, but unless you are doing the flipping, it might be suspicious.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Yes. I like the idea. Thank you very much.

Does anybody have a link where to get Dummy books?(Dummy books are books with cover but with blank pages)

Sincerely Michiel
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
Barnes and Noble had some pretty nice notebooks with a variety of covers at the one near me the other day.
Probably not as thick as you might want though.
You might find a book that is the right size and has an appropriate title, cut the cover off of the pages.
Print your pages and cut them to your needs.
Have your pages bound with a couple of heavy pages extra on the front and back.
Glue those extra pages to the cover.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field